What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

Final Shark Week shave!

I feel I ended well and stuck it out even though I wanted to quit mid-week when I tried those Chrome blades. It's been fun and I look forward to next year!

IMG_20210718_092400819_HDR-01.jpeg

Shark Super Chrome (9) in the WSC "Winning" razor

LAND HO!

This blade seems to have hit its sweet spot, and today was another 10/10. I am reluctant to bin it, so it's wrapped back up and safely tucked away.

I may resume using it after I play with some Polsilver Stainless Steel blades I received in a PIF from @Grundi and @Space_Cadet.

Thanks, @BigJ for launching this barnacle-crusted bathtub expedition into deep and dangerous waters!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sharko week ends with the sharp blade feel of Yaqi Slant Agamemnon GlobeTrotter DOCS. True aggression going on throughout the shave, in comparison to the mild feeling and absence of any rash thereafter.
Such a unique experience of aggressive shaving and comfortable postshave.
I had decent comfort DURING all my shaves with the Shark, but the aftershave application most DEFINITELY revealed that I was not using a GSB or an Astra SS !

Shark Super Chrome (9) in the WSC "Winning" razor

LAND HO!

This blade seems to have hit its sweet spot, and today was another 10/10. I am reluctant to bin it, so it's wrapped back up and safely tucked away.

I may resume using it after I play with some Polsilver Stainless Steel blades I received in a PIF from @Grundi and @Space_Cadet.

Thanks, @BigJ for launching this barnacle-crusted bathtub expedition into deep and dangerous waters!

You are most WELCOME, Sir!! Thanks for playing with the Sharks!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Final Shark Week shave!

I feel I ended well and stuck it out even though I wanted to quit mid-week when I tried those Chrome blades. It's been fun and I look forward to next year!

View attachment 1298572
I have to admit, I can't say I'm looking FORWARD to next year. Ole @BigJ will undoubtedly drag me back in, but if I have any sense I'll only use that 2019 blade once and swap it out. A man can ONLY be just so macho...

I did shave number 3 tonight (Saturday). Probably my last. And it was the third year and 19th use on that blade.

I used the Gillette Old Type. Arko Shave stick. PLENTIFUL, COPIOUS amount of vintage Avon Blend 7 ! So much it actually hurt my lungs as I inhaled, made me koff doggone! I never do aftershave that way; I'm cheap that way. Dab it on. I used so much I had to wipe my hands on my chest!

But I will say this, my last shave with the Arko-Sharko combo was down right phenomenal: BBS and.....

NO BLOOD! That means Lord willing I plan to play along next year! (I know you were all hoping to hear this!)

And All Arko August is definitely on my social calendar!

Congratulations!! GREAT WORK to Survive the week!! :a29: :a29:

Brush: Omega 10098
Soap: Proraso green (tub)
Razor: Gillette (UK) 500HD
Blade: Shark SS (7)

Yet another DFS. So Shark Week has been uneventful here on the North Coast.

Now, normally when I get a new razor, I like to start it off with a Derby Extra. But this Shark has been so well behaved, asking to be petted and all, that tomorrow I'll give this Shark one last crack at me in a new razor and see what happens. Wish me luck.

‘Uneventful!!’ ‘Well behaved??’ You must be a master mariner!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

'53 Super Speed
Shark SS (8) 🦈
Haslinger Aloe Vera
Omega 11137 boar
Fine Platinum

Sharkie has gotten quite long in the tooth.
It took a bit of effort and patience to achieve a Sunday-quality shave with an 8 day blade, but the mission was accomplished with no blood or visible razor rash.
a totally bloodless Shark Week. :badger:

No blood?? You get a gold star to show your Mommy!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Shark Week Shave!!

Blade: Shark SC (3)

Razor: Wolfman WR1
Brush: Simpsons classic 2 best
Soap: Haslinger’s seaweed
Splash: La Toja

Rating: 8/10: No blood today, but dorsal fins are circling!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Will try one more shave tomorrow ‘for completeness.’

Whoo Hooo. We made it back to port gentlemen. Time to clean the blood off the boat and pull it until next year. Reading 32 pages of this week has been fun. I want to thank @BigJ for getting these started and here’s to hoping he will do the same next year (I think I have 6 more sharks, so 6 more years).
Final days shave:
JAWS .84 with 🦈 SS
D01 brush with B&M Waves
It’s already tempting me to come back next year!!! Fine shave, nice and comfortable. I should use this combo more often…hmmm nope once a year is plenty.

Whoo Hooo. We made it back to port gentlemen. Time to clean the blood off the boat and pull it until next year. Reading 32 pages of this week has been fun. I want to thank @BigJ for getting these started and here’s to hoping he will do the same next year (I think I have 6 more sharks, so 6 more years).
Final days shave:
JAWS .84 with 🦈 SS
D01 brush with B&M Waves
It’s already tempting me to come back next year!!! Fine shave, nice and comfortable. I should use this combo more often…hmmm nope once a year is plenty.

‘6 more years..’ now that’s a commitment!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Top Bottom