Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
EC1811A7-C613-4ED7-839D-6A90381E4AF1.jpeg

I have finished my Shark Week shaves.

Day 7
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 best badger
Razor: Gillette Slim @7
Soap: Maggard Razors London Barbershop
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (4th shave)

This Shark SS blade is doing great, so I'm going to use it again tomorrow to finish Shark Week. [emoji1655]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I did shave number 3 tonight (Saturday). Probably my last. And it was the third year and 19th use on that blade.

I used the Gillette Old Type. Arko Shave stick. PLENTIFUL, COPIOUS amount of vintage Avon Blend 7 ! So much it actually hurt my lungs as I inhaled, made me koff doggone! I never do aftershave that way; I'm cheap that way. Dab it on. I used so much I had to wipe my hands on my chest!

But I will say this, my last shave with the Arko-Sharko combo was down right phenomenal: BBS and.....

NO BLOOD! That means Lord willing I plan to play along next year! (I know you were all hoping to hear this!)

And All Arko August is definitely on my social calendar!

Shark Week Shave 5
Razor: Janus
Blade: Shark SC
Brush: Rubberset 400 (3)
Soap: Arko

Last shave of Shark Week and I made it a ShArko shave.
No blood in the water today so an all round excellent shave with this super-effecient razor.
Its been awesome fun - See Y-All next year...

SOTD210718.jpg

Prep: Tüff Vor der Rasur
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia for Zenith
Brush: Paladin Falstaff
Soap: Asylum Colonia by S.V.
Razor: Charcoal Goods Lv. 2 SB on Vertigo handle
Blade: Shark Platinum
AS: Tüff Rasierwasser
AS: Asylum Colonia by S.V.

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

I’ve been monitoring shark week from shore.
super stainless or super chrome?
pros cons? Advice for me? 😁
Try them both. No shortcuts! There is also a Platinum.

I did shave number 3 tonight (Saturday). Probably my last. And it was the third year and 19th use on that blade.

I used the Gillette Old Type. Arko Shave stick. PLENTIFUL, COPIOUS amount of vintage Avon Blend 7 ! So much it actually hurt my lungs as I inhaled, made me koff doggone! I never do aftershave that way; I'm cheap that way. Dab it on. I used so much I had to wipe my hands on my chest!

But I will say this, my last shave with the Arko-Sharko combo was down right phenomenal: BBS and.....

NO BLOOD! That means Lord willing I plan to play along next year! (I know you were all hoping to hear this!)

And All Arko August is definitely on my social calendar!
Lord? You mean that plant in Egypt manufacturing blades? ROFL

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A1D85A34-5F6C-4F8F-9797-54DFA1486018.jpeg

Shave number seven and the last day of Shark Week 2021 for me. I am glad that it is done for another year. Shave five on the Shark Super Stainless and more blood in the water. That is seven days and seven shaves of blood every day. I will be back next year, I will be better prepared.

Day 8 of the Shark Week (11th to 18th July) and I finished it with a great shave.

After getting some rough shaves from Shark Platinum, I gave the new blade another try and as usual I got a great shave from it.

IMG_20210718_153811.jpg

It's in the third shave that blade loses it's manners and tries to bite me, so I'll use it for one more shave and then bin it.

I’ve been monitoring shark week from shore.
super stainless or super chrome?
pros cons? Advice for me? 😁

I'll be happy to purchase a few 100 of Shark Super Chrome blade but not even a sample of Shark Platinum blade.

Shark SS is a blade that I haven't used but if the naming of the Shark blade series is done inversely (as I suspect), then SS blades may very well be a great blade.

I have atleast a dozen blades to try and half of the year has passed already, months like August with the nest does not really help😂 with that.

'53 Super Speed
Shark SS (8) 🦈
Haslinger Aloe Vera
Omega 11137 boar
Fine Platinum

Sharkie has gotten quite long in the tooth.
It took a bit of effort and patience to achieve a Sunday-quality shave with an 8 day blade, but the mission was accomplished with no blood or visible razor rash.
a totally bloodless Shark Week. :badger:

20210714_173826-01-01.jpeg
SOTD #183/2021
18-07-2021

>> SHARK WEEK 2021 <<

Preshave: frigid tap water, PAA The Cube 2.0
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Proraso ~ Azur Lime
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1 pass- and out) and Super Stainless (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Proraso ~ Azur Lime

Final shave of Shark week. That's why I took the plunge and loaded a Super Chrome blade into my Progress. That's been the only blade in the Shark line up I had not tested as yet. I could have saved myself the trouble, though, since the Super Chrome tugged like hell. So I replaced it as soon as I completed pass one and went back to Super Stainless. Much better.

The following two pass shave were effortless and efficient. The Shark Super Stainless did a flawless job. No nicks in the final shave, overall way less blood than expected (almost none).

I had a nice week with the Super Stainless - it's easily my SOC (Shark of choice). Accoring to my face-o-meter it's a medium sharp yet smooth enough blade, the only caveat might be it's (rather mediocre) longevity... but maybe I just could have quenched one/two more shaves out of it, IDK. However, that's a minor complaint only, since their retail price is insanely cheap in Europe, 6 Euro per 100 blades.

Overall, it's been a joyful week - enjoyed your comrady and whole nice bunch of lovely SOTD photos!

See you on the other side of the Shark basin - have a blood free Sunday, y'all!

Last edited:
M

mtcn77

Sharko week ends with the sharp blade feel of Yaqi Slant Agamemnon GlobeTrotter DOCS. True aggression going on throughout the shave, in comparison to the mild feeling and absence of any rash thereafter.
Such a unique experience of aggressive shaving and comfortable postshave.

Top Bottom