What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

I came home from a week away to two "new" razors in my mailbox. I had to use this MMOC first because I was most curious about it and also very appreciative of the generosity of @GNR for sending it to me.
Imagepipe_24.jpg
I had a great first shave with it. I think it qualifies as a high efficiency razor. Lots of blade feel and smooth after only two passes. Much better experience than my Everready 1912 for sure.

IMG_20210717_082922095.jpg

Razor: Stirling ST
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 synthetic
Soap: Wholly Kaw 1776
AS: Royall Spyce

Saturday morning luxury shave 😍. The Stirling ST is a remarkable razor; for me it performs like the Muhle R41 but with greater smoothness and a little more efficiency. The Polsilver provided a smooth shave. Three passes on face, two on head. Felt a bit of burn at the end. Aloe vera has cooled things down nicely.

I purchased Wholly Kaw 1776 for Independence Day, and boy do I really like it. I lack the sophistication to describe any of the scent elements. All I can say is it pairs very well with Royall Spyce for a nice finish.

Attachments

• IMG_20210717_082922095.jpg
    IMG_20210717_082922095.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Used the highly efficient and comfortable Rex ambassador on setting 6:

-Rex ambassador (setting 6 for all 3 passes)
-Vintage Polsilver blade (first use)
-Grizzly bay brush
-Capt choice copper bowl

-PAA Ice cube
-Catie's Bubbles Blugere soap and splash

This blade and razor combo was the first time for me. It was amazingly smooth. Ive tried the newer polsilvers without any good shaves. This was very comfortable and very smooth. Very minimal alum feedback, which is impressive considering i used the Rex opened up on all 3 passes.

proxy.php

Fayiz D.

July High Efficiency SOTD
SOTD-L-G_2021-07-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (3)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

A good shave. :biggrin:
All is well in ZenShaveLand. Sending out good vibes obviously keeps the Sharks calm. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Yaqi Beast arrived this week from AliExpress ($7.50 with pop-up coupon). Third shave today. Almost as efficient as the Yaqi slant, but more forgiving. I really like both razors.

Razor: Yaqi Beast
Blade:
BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: Shave Revolution 24mm synthetic
Soap: Mystic Water Adirondack Jack
ASB: Duke Cannon
Moisturizer: Petal Fresh Body Butter
First Aid: (just kidding, only a weeper or two if I get too OCD)

IMG_0869.JPG

They are a nice razor. Better make and fit compared to some other budget razors I have used.
Thanks.
In case you (anyone else) know:
does the DOC head basically shave like a Yaqi Mellon head (or are they even identical, despite the metal used)?

Last edited:
20210714_173826-01-01.jpeg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Shark Super Chrome/ Super Stainless.

Final shave of Shark week. That's why I took the plunge and loaded a Super Chrome blade into my Progress. That's been the only blade in the Shark line up I had not tested as yet. I could have saved myself the trouble, though, since the Super Chrome tugged like hell. So I replaced it as soon as I completed pass one and went back to Super Stainless.
The following two pass shave were effortless and efficient - cranked up the Progress on setting 6.

3 passes, BBS. Very nice.

Top Bottom