What's new

The Codger Cabin

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

39-10-30.3.jpg

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
15 to 50 mph in less than 13 seconds! I suppose it seemed quick. I'm guessing the 3.3 seconds, 0 - 60 mph, for a Mustang Shelby GT500 (stock), will seem slow to some future codgers.
I'd love to see what those future codgers will see!

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
You're seeing it now. As a future codger one day I'll be looking at a 2040 Something and I'll be telling the whippersnappers how it's ugly, how my old 2016 Charger had all the speed and class.
Nah, I wanna see what's a hundred years off, I want to know if we keep gaining or end up starting over at caveman.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
From The Cabin Coffee Table — An occasional look back at what the old Codgers saw and smoked (with a little detour and frolic, here and there):

39-10-30.5.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

39-10.2.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

39-10.3.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

39-11-6.jpg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

🎼 🎸 Grand-mom and Grand-pop ... headin’ on down to the Love Shack ...
... or you wouldn’t be here! 🎸 🎼

(I had some help with this one)

39-11-13.1.jpg

[emoji443] [emoji450] Grand-mom and Grand-pop ... headin’ on down to the Love Shack ...
... or you wouldn’t be here! [emoji450] [emoji443]

(I had some help with this one)

View attachment 1299247

“…scientifically soothing to human nerves.”

I read it in the paper it must be true!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The saying once upon a time was that you bought a Ford for the value, a GM for horsepower (?), and a Chrysler for the engineering. The ad seems to emphasize the last item.

I've never owned a Chrysler, Dodge, or Plymouth. GMs, Fords, Mercedes (before the Chrysler merger days), and a BMW; but never a Chrysler.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

39-11-13.2.jpg

At least the Kaywoodie folks have ceased telling us to turn the magazine sideways for "a better view".

And that graph in the PA ad is informative as to the wily ways of the advertisers; under the rubric of "You can prove anything with statistics or a mysterious graph."

At least the Kaywoodie folks have ceased telling us to turn the magazine sideways for "a better view".

And that graph in the PA ad is informative as to the wily ways of the advertisers; under the rubric of "You can prove anything with statistics or a mysterious graph."
I seem to recall reading somewhere that pipe tobacco burns at, what, 500 Centigrade? That's 932 F. Taking 86 from that is still about 846. That's not a lot cooler!

Last edited:
Top Bottom