What's new

Your favourite Bay Rum Aftershave

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Actually, I’ve only tried two, VIBR and Stirling. Both have a good Bay Rum scent but I prefer the VIBR. The Stirling has a very strong scent with too much cinnamon for my taste and burns like the devil and it also lasts too long for me. The Stirling Bay Rum shave soap has a nutmeg top note which I love. Wish the AS were the same. I’m not a collector of aftershaves. OS and VIBR are the only two I use in a regular basis so I will likely just stick with VIBR as my Bay Rum from now on while I expect many will prefer the Stirling.

My favorite bay rums for almost 10 years are Captain's Choice BR or Co9T, and Ogallala BR. I mostly use CC, but my wife and I love Ogallala. I love it because, to me, it smells like clove. My wife loves it because it reminds her of spicy gum drops.

I use Superior 70 occasionally. I stocked up years ago when only one of ten Walgreens near me sold it for under $4 a bottle. It wasn't sold in the shaving area. It was in a separate "ethnic" area at the back of the store.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum

Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum

Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia Bay Rum

Bootlegger's Perfecto Maduro Bay Rum

Does anyone know of any alcohol free Bay Rum balm?

Here's one:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I used to really like St John's, but either my taste has changed or my most recent bottle has gone off. I'm more into budget bay rums these days. I always thought of Pinaud VIBR as a poor man's St John's- both have that strong clove note. Stephan's is excellent, and Gabel's is as well, though it sometimes leaves a sticky feeling. A unique inexpensive outlier is Booster Island Bay Rum. A fresh, unique scent that really has little in common with what I think of as bay rum but which smells great nonetheless. Light and fleeting.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well I just started using Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood and I'm surprized no one mentioned this Great Bayrum aftershave.
It has some lasting strength and these are just my thoughts on it over the last 8 months, it has some nice scent that is not over powering and has a nice clove scent woven it there with the sandalwood giving it's part with a sweet scent as it dry's down a little. Nice feel to the skin also like others have mentioned.
This stuff is kind of addictive to me and like reaching for it and know comes why I'm here is to see what else folks like using and it looks like PAA Atomic or Ogallala Bayrum lime and peppercorns could be next. There something magical to the skin & sense of scent with these Bayrum aftershaves!
SE SOTD, Fri, June 4th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Well I just started using Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood and I'm surprized no one mentioned this Great Bayrum aftershave.
It has some lasting strength and these are just my thoughts on it over the last 8 months, it has some nice scent that is not over powering and has a nice clove scent woven it there with the sandalwood giving it's part with a sweet scent as it dry's down a little. Nice feel to the skin also like others have mentioned.
This stuff is kind of addictive to me and like reaching for it and know comes why I'm here is to see what else folks like using and it looks like PAA Atomic or Ogallala Bayrum lime and peppercorns could be next. There something magical to the skin & sense of scent with these Bayrum aftershaves!
I can't get the aftershaves since I'm overseas, but I just used my Bay Rum and Sandalwood shave stick today. One of my favorite scents of all my soaps. Can you shave how the scents between the soap and aftershave compare?

I have the Bay Rum and the Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorn in deodorant form and am not so much of a fan.

Top Bottom