What's new

$90 worth outta 45 Ruger Bisley

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yes, those grips are the bee's knees!! Plus that unfluted, engraved cylinder is sexy!!

I'm grateful the cylinder is strong; it's been put to the test with my too-casual reloading! 🤣

One time I cast these 300 or 325-grainers. 🙃 Beast of a SWC slug. Think I used the same powder charge as for lighter 250s... And they take longer to get out...

Didn't blow up the gun, of course, but the recoil loosened the rear sight pin... 🤔 Fixed, thanks to Loctite.

You can target shoot fine and well with 9mm or 38, but for just blowing the heck out of frangible things, nothing beats 45 Colt or auto (and 10mm & 41-44 mag, I suppose) .... Homemade shot loads are a lot of fun with 45 Colt, too. CCI capsules, small buckshot, etc.

AA

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Yes...yes you do. Vintage 1894 Colt and current production Cimarron repro. Both in .45 Colt.

View attachment 1221979
Nice leather there. My shooting hobby went by the wayside a number of years ago. I came very close to getting into cowboy action shooting. I even loaded up 100 rounds of 45 colt. I was ready to buy a pair of Ruger SAS pistols in stainless until I realized my other hobby interfered with the shooting club schedule. I still drool over those pistols and custom leather. Razors are much easier to sneak into the house than guns. Until I get that figured out my SAS guns are on hold.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
...Any Blackhawk fans? Wish I had one in 327...
AA
I’ve always fancied those Buckeye Special, .32 H&R Magnum/.32-20 Convertible NM Blackhawks & would own one if only that spare cylinder rollmark read: .327 Federal Magnum instead of .32 H&R Magnum.

Presently, the only Blackhawk in the herd is this NM .30 Carbine that is an absolute hoot to shoot ... one day I’d like to have a .41 Magnum NMB.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I’ve always fancied those Buckeye Special, .32 H&R Magnum/.32-20 Convertible NM Blackhawks & would own one if only that spare cylinder rollmark read: .327 Federal Magnum instead of .32 H&R Magnum.

Presently, the only Blackhawk in the herd is this NM .30 Carbine that is an absolute hoot to shoot ... one day I’d like to have a .41 Magnum NMB.
Gorgeous! Had the carbine version also in mind when I visited Ye Olde Gun & Pawn - but they're rare.

Now picture a 327 that shoots those three calibers - and comes with a 7.62x25mm cylinder. 🤔...

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"

I have the Buckeye .32-20/.32 H&R and the Buckeye .38-40/10mm. I imagine the .32 H&R could be bored out to .327 Fed. mag., but not sure I want to do that. I'd like to have the .30 Carbine, a .357, a .41, and a .44 to round things out. It could happen.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
BTTT for some 45 Colt SA love... As we are watching "Wynona Earp" on Netflix!

🤣 A demon-destroying Colt Buntline is the girl's inherited gun, but hey. Wyatt Earp might have chosen a Ruger, if he had a choice!

Anyone else watching this corny show? It's aright.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

🤣 A demon-destroying Colt Buntline is the girl's inherited gun, but hey. Wyatt Earp might have chosen a Ruger, if he had a choice!

AA

I skimmed across the title the other night. Might have to watch it now. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I skimmed across the title the other night. Might have to watch it now. :)

It's borderline recommended. Maybe watch one episode!

Don't recall who actually used a Buntline Special with a 12" bbl...

🤔 The antihero chick, Wyatt's "heir, " is an interesting study. That pistol fits neatly in her boot 😋

It's a bit like From Dusk til Dawn, or Evil Dead (the series.) Just a bit.

But either way... I need to reload some 45 Colt! 🤣

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

AA

Never heard of it until you said something. I see it was on the Syfy channel here until it was cancelled. I wonder if they'll have reruns?

Seems to be the same genre as Ghost Rider and Walking Dead. It looks like they are equal opportunity employers as far as firearms go.

Great guns from everyone. When I was younger I never liked revolvers, now I absolutely love them. I've sold two that I regret. I still haven't shot my last revolver I bought last year. A FA 454 with a spare 45colt cylinder. A single action 327 would be a sweet thing.

Anyone here have a lever action rifle/carbine chambered in 45 Colt to go with their single action revolvers? I'm thinking this may have to be my next gun purchase. I like the thought of being able to use one load for both firearms(hoping that it'd work well in both), plus I shamefully have to report I do not own a lever action so it would solve that problem as well. I was wanting to get a 45/70, like a Marlin 1895 G/GS but the more I think about it, the more something like a Winchester(or some other manufacturer made) 1873 in 45 Colt is becoming very attractive.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Anyone here have a lever action rifle/carbine chambered in 45 Colt to go with their single action revolvers? I'm thinking this may have to be my next gun purchase. I like the thought of being able to use one load for both firearms(hoping that it'd work well in both), plus I shamefully have to report I do not own a lever action so it would solve that problem as well. I was wanting to get a 45/70, like a Marlin 1895 G/GS but the more I think about it, the more something like a Winchester(or some other manufacturer made) 1873 in 45 Colt is becoming very attractive.

🤔 I ask every time I visit the local pawn and gun... Marlin for me.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have the Marlin Cowboy Competition in .45 Colt. It's been a long time since I've shot it though. Nice gun, I need to dig it out and shoot it some. Not sure if I have any .45 LC projos on hand though. As of recently, my reloading funds have been dedicated to other calibers.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have the Buckeye .32-20/.32 H&R and the Buckeye .38-40/10mm. I imagine the .32 H&R could be bored out to .327 Fed. mag., but not sure I want to do that. I'd like to have the .30 Carbine, a .357, a .41, and a .44 to round things out. It could happen.
Party at @nortac 's place!

Is there a revolver he DOESN'T own?

Then we can all head north to my hillbilly gun range next time.

I guarantee a fun time will be had by all!

As a bonus, the skeeters are so big here right now you can hit 'em with .22s!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

AA
Never heard of it. Now I will be looking for it!

Top Bottom