What's new

Bevola After Shave Fresh

I picked this up from a German supermarket here, because I didn't need it but it looked cool and was cheap enough (2.35 euros).

Basically, a standard formulation that cannot really go wrong: alcohol + glycerin + panthenol + bisabolol + witch hazel.

The scent is citrusy and musky (I am the worst in describing scents, so take it with a grain of salt), subtle, and it goes away very quickly.

The performance is great, it burns a lot at first, but it leaves the skin smooth and fresh after. The skin feels moisturized, but not sticky.

bevola1.jpgbevola2.jpgbevola3.jpg

Bevola is a brand of Kaufland supermarkets. The product you bought is not available in my country though. These 2.0-2.5 EUR store brand aftershaves are pretty much a hit and miss. Some are decent. Some leave me with a burning for 5-6 hours.

Bevola is a brand of Kaufland supermarkets. The product you bought is not available in my country though. These 2.0-2.5 EUR store brand aftershaves are pretty much a hit and miss. Some are decent. Some leave me with a burning for 5-6 hours.
That is indeed true. And, as additional info, it is made by Mann & Schröder GmbH in Siegelsbach.
IMG_20210708_092652.jpg

They also seem to make some Cien products for Lidl (e.g., x-Bolt after shave), but the formulations are different.
Source: Cien Men AS/ASB von Lidl - https://www.gut-rasiert.de/forum/index.php?topic=30450.0

There is such a huge variety of cosmetic products in Germany, that it would be hard to imagine anything of bad quality surviving in the long run. This Bevola one, it doesn't have any wow factor, but it does the job well!

That is indeed true. And, as additional info, it is made by Mann & Schröder GmbH in Siegelsbach.
View attachment 1293572

They also seem to make some Cien products for Lidl (e.g., x-Bolt after shave), but the formulations are different.
Source: Cien Men AS/ASB von Lidl - https://www.gut-rasiert.de/forum/index.php?topic=30450.0

There is such a huge variety of cosmetic products in Germany, that it would be hard to imagine anything of bad quality surviving in the long run. This Bevola one, it doesn't have any wow factor, but it does the job well!
I bought one after shave splash branded Cien (Lidl) in blue box last year. It was a disaster. Quite strong burning until afternoon. Did it ever occur to you that they might sell different products in the same packaging for us here in Eastern Europe. I know for a fact the big companies like P&G have been doing it for more than 10 years with the shampoo and the (Ariel) detergent.

I bought one after shave splash branded Cien (Lidl) in blue box last year. It was a disaster. Quite strong burning until afternoon. Did it ever occur to you that they might sell different products in the same packaging for us here in Eastern Europe. I know for a fact the big companies like P&G have been doing it for more than 10 years with the shampoo and the (Ariel) detergent.
Yes, that is probably true.

The way I imagine it is that many times the big company buys the product of some local company and re-brands it and sells it as its own, right? Other times, it might be just easier to import it. In Greece for example, I think that we just import most of these stuff from Germany, the Cien Ice After Shave sells for 3 euros there (100ml) and has a good rep. Again the formulation is pretty standard: Alcohol Denat., Aqua, Parfum, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Diisopropyl Adipate, Propylene Glycol, Bisabolol, Limonene, Linalool, Alcohol, Allantoin, Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Water, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol.
Source: Lidl Cien Men After Shave - https://forum.mens-only.gr/viewtopic.php?t=5698

So, what I mostly see in the German market, is that the products contain the good stuff, and then it is a matter of whether you like the perfume or the texture or whatever, which is pretty subjective.

There is also the Bevola After Shave Energy Kick:
Asset_6268711.jpg

Basically the exact same formulation like the Fresh one (except some texture and perfume stuff). I don't know, I usually put it on before going to sleep so I don't need the energy kick :p

Yes, that is probably true.

The way I imagine it is that many times the big company buys the product of some local company and re-brands it and sells it as its own, right? Other times, it might be just easier to import it. In Greece for example, I think that we just import most of these stuff from Germany, the Cien Ice After Shave sells for 3 euros there (100ml) and has a good rep. Again the formulation is pretty standard: Alcohol Denat., Aqua, Parfum, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Diisopropyl Adipate, Propylene Glycol, Bisabolol, Limonene, Linalool, Alcohol, Allantoin, Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Water, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol.
Source: Lidl Cien Men After Shave - https://forum.mens-only.gr/viewtopic.php?t=5698

So, what I mostly see in the German market, is that the products contain the good stuff, and then it is a matter of whether you like the perfume or the texture or whatever, which is pretty subjective.

There is also the Bevola After Shave Energy Kick:
View attachment 1293617

Basically the exact same formulation like the Fresh one (except some texture and perfume stuff). I don't know, I usually put it on before going to sleep so I don't need the energy kick :p
The chain stores don't buy another company products. They just order a product that is tailored for them / offered to them by companies such as Mann & Schroder. They reach an agreement on the price, contents etc and that's it.
It is not only about what ingredients are there. It is about proportions too. Last month I bought an in-store splash Today Extreme for 2 EUR (Billa supermarkets - REWE in Germany). It said it contains Hamamelis Virginiana, still I got slight irritation for 90-100 minutes. Go figure. So I'd rather buy a Denim bottle for 2.5 EUR from a nearby store. So much better.

I picked this up from a German supermarket here, because I didn't need it but it looked cool and was cheap enough (2.35 euros).

Basically, a standard formulation that cannot really go wrong: alcohol + glycerin + panthenol + bisabolol + witch hazel.

The scent is citrusy and musky (I am the worst in describing scents, so take it with a grain of salt), subtle, and it goes away very quickly.

The performance is great, it burns a lot at first, but it leaves the skin smooth and fresh after. The skin feels moisturized, but not sticky.

View attachment 1292283View attachment 1292286View attachment 1292287

Great pick-up!! Always fun to explore shaving kit in local pharmacies and supermarkets!!

IMG_20211014_122641.jpg

I bought the Energy Kick version too, this is a clear liquid (no coloring added) with a bit of a simpler formulation, but with all of the good stuff still in, namely, glycerin, panthenol, bisabolol (German chamomile extract), and witch hazel water.

It has a lemon peel scent. I put a small splash of this every morning after washing my face because it makes me feel super fresh :D

Top Bottom