What's new

Vanderhagen soap. Good, bad, meh?

VDH Luxury soap is a great soap. It makes great lather with no effort at all. I've tried many soaps of all prices and VDH holds it's own with any of them.

Just cracked open a ten-year-old puck of VDH Deluxe. For me it easily produced boatload of outstanding lather that was a pleasure to shave with.
Just now getting to a 10 year old VDH? You must have been waiting to use up the Tabac you bought back then. :)

Don’t grocery or drug stores have shaving soap?
It's probably dependent on the area where you live, but I've not seen shaving soap in my local stores in years. The last time I saw shave soap in a store was a couple years ago at a pharmacy, which has stopped carrying the soap (the soap was Williams Mug Shaving Soap). Before that, I saw some VDH Luxury Shave Soap at my local Target, which has also stopped carrying those soaps in store. I'm now stuck buying my shaving soap online.

It's probably dependent on the area where you live, but I've not seen shaving soap in my local stores in years. The last time I saw shave soap in a store was a couple years ago at a pharmacy, which has stopped carrying the soap (the soap was Williams Mug Shaving Soap). Before that, I saw some VDH Luxury Shave Soap at my local Target, which has also stopped carrying those soaps in store. I'm now stuck buying my shaving soap online.
Yes, Williams and VDH are the only two I have ever seen in the store.

Finally got around to trying the VDH Luxury soap. For the record I have never used soaps before. I usually use creams & Barbasol when in a hurry. The VDH Luxury soap was good. Had no problem making the lather. Love the fact in comes in a little plastic tub. The soap was slick & the scent was mild but clean. Over-all I was rewarded with a great shave using a Gillette Tech & a Nacet blade. Considering how much soap I used for a 3 pass shave this puck could last me years. 😄

Top Bottom