What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
On the quest for a GOOD aromatic chocolate tobacco, I came across a new offering from The Country Squire

Tobac Du Chocolate

The tin not is a very chocolate cake smell. Rather scrumptious. The smoke is very nice as well. I wouldnt say its an overpowering chocolae. More of a kissed by cocoa. Im not sure on the room note, as its just me. THis may be a true winner.

I also really enjoy Wilkes Chocolate, if you are looking for chocolate aromatics.

I bought my first two tins/cans of GL Pease Stonehenge & Penny Farthing last week. I've opened both, in spite of having way too many jars/tins open. Note that while I'm trying to reduce the number of open jars, I just really don't care. It is convenient to have sixty or eighty (I'm not keeping an accurate count) blends at hand.

I just received several plugs of Salty Dog yesterday with a couple of years of age. It’s a Virginia-perique blend with a rum topping. Never tried it, but it sounds like something I will like. I’ll slice and smoke some this afternoon.

That's good stuff. The rumiest of the rum infused navy's I've had.

I bought my first two tins/cans of GL Pease Stonehenge & Penny Farthing last week. I've opened both, in spite of having way too many jars/tins open. Note that while I'm trying to reduce the number of open jars, I just really don't care. It is convenient to have sixty or eighty (I'm not keeping an accurate count) blends at hand.
What did you think of Stonehenge Flake?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I just received several plugs of Salty Dog yesterday with a couple of years of age. It’s a Virginia-perique blend with a rum topping. Never tried it, but it sounds like something I will like. I’ll slice and smoke some this afternoon.
It is indeed good stuff. A few have it cellared deep here. I have 10 or so pouches napping in my cellar at present.

What did you think of Stonehenge Flake?
I like it. Note that since I experienced the joy of Covid-19, my sense of taste and particularly smell has been reduced. I'm slowly getting back my sense of smell, but I'm nowhere near I was before Covid, so, going beyond "I like it" is sketchy. Having said that, I would buy it again, if I ever get out of TAD purgatory.

On the quest for a GOOD aromatic chocolate tobacco, I came across a new offering from The Country Squire

Tobac Du Chocolate

The tin not is a very chocolate cake smell. Rather scrumptious. The smoke is very nice as well. I wouldnt say its an overpowering chocolae. More of a kissed by cocoa. Im not sure on the room note, as its just me. THis may be a true winner.

I also really enjoy Wilkes Chocolate, if you are looking for chocolate aromatics.
Have you tried CD Corncob Pipe (and a Button Nose) ? And I also find H&H Classic Burley Kake a decent chocolatey. The kake can be hard to pack and keep going if you haven't used cakes often.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Have you tried CD Corncob Pipe (and a Button Nose) ? And I also find H&H Classic Burley Kake a decent chocolatey. The kake can be hard to pack and keep going if you haven't used cakes often.

mill try the latter, but the C&D didn’t do much for me at all. Great tin note that didn’t translate to the smoke.

If plastic bags count . . . I opened the Match Walnut from Pipes & Cigars last night and had an inaugural bowl of that English blend. An interesting aroma and taste for sure.

IMG_2943.JPG

IMG_2944.JPG

When I first returned to pipe smoking, three years ago, after some 30 years of cigar smoking, I was heavily influenced by @Price, and his advice regarding Escudo. As a result, I have more than a dozen tins resting in the cellar. More precisely, I have 14 in the cellar, because I cracked one open this evening, a three year old tin. Price was right on two counts (at least). Escudo is good stuff. Escudo is even better with some age. Thanks @Price, you abide.

I found some C&D Riverboat Gambler in the wild last week. It's one I'd been curious about, seeing is billed as an oriental forward blend. So tonight I open it up and tomorrow I'll see what I think.

Top Bottom