What's new

The Nine Reason PIF

What a beautiful story and a testament to enduring love. Thank you for sharing!

I'll jump in even though I don't feel I deserve it.

My wife and I met in college and I knew immediately that she was the one. I perused her for weeks until she finally relented and agreed to go out on a few dates. One thing led to another and now we have been married for 12 years and we have two sweet children. It has been encouraging to see how committed she is to our relationship even though I have many faults. I love her unconditionally and I pray we will be together for many more years to come.

P.S. If I happen to win, I will create my own PIF of items to keep the ball rolling.

Thank you for your very heart felt story. I can't imagine losing my other half ( we will have our 24th anniversary this year)
I met my beautiful wife on a Nov 7th many years ago.She was and still is such a loving and caring individual.. Alicia was and still is "slightly broken" to an extent due to her treatment before we met..She still says sometimes that I rescued her from a bad family situation (that I won't go into here) and she doesn't know where she would be now if I hadn't been there..She has a beautiful smile that would melt the coldest hearts and a sense of humor that would make the grinch smile.She is taller than me by a few inches which I often tease her aboit , Jokingly of course ....Alicia is very supportive of my "venture" into this world of ours and has even came along for the ride with her own double edge razor and shaving brush from @Graydog although she still uses one of my synthetic brushes because she doesn't want to mess up his beautiful work ( I'm the same way with mine from him too ). She has some of my old soaps but hasn't gotten any for herself yet. She makes me laugh and smile and makes our children's and my world a brighter place by being a part of it. Since we first moved in together we have not been apart from each other more than a couple of days a few times Ever. When she was in hospital having our 3 wonderful kids I stayed with her and was in the delivery room for our first child and in the O.R. with her for our twins births. She is my shining light that keeps me going...Respectfully not in though as I don't feel worthy of it. I believe that if I won I would not be able to use it due to how emotional I would get thinking of your story every use..... I would like to read the book that was published if you could provide a link of where to get it though.

Last edited:
What a beautiful story and a testament to enduring love. Thank you for sharing!

I'll jump in even though I don't feel I deserve it.

My wife and I met in college and I knew immediately that she was the one. I perused her for weeks until she finally relented and agreed to go out on a few dates. One thing led to another and now we have been married for 12 years and we have two sweet children. It has been encouraging to see how committed she is to our relationship even though I have many faults. I love her unconditionally and I pray we will be together for many more years to come.

P.S. If I happen to win, I will create my own PIF of items to keep the ball rolling.
We have our first Entrant! YAY!

Thank you, @Pressroll for your story. I was the same with Denise for a while, off and on, doggedly pursuing her. The effort was more than rewarding. I love these kinds of stories because I think it cuts right to what makes us tick deep inside.

I also wanted to add this...

First her bad family situation didn't involve her mom...

Also....

I didnt originally put that Alicias mother introduced us. I had met Karen (Alicia's mom) several months earlier as she worked as a cashier at one of the local gas stations where I often bought gas and one night she asked me if I had met her daughter before and I said no. Alicia was working at the subway in the other part of the store and she called her over and we started talking and I then went over to that part of the store and we talked for hours that night when she wasn't busy helping customers. As the night came to an end I said I would come back the next night ( unfortunately the next night I wasn't able to see her as I had forgotten about other commitments with friends). The next weekend I did go back to see her dressed in a all black suit with tie carrying a dozen yellow roses and wearing Tommy cologne( big scent in that era ) (Tommy is still her favorite scent on me to this day) (Also the reason for yellow roses was I didn't want to be presumptuous).. Well we talked again for hours and then I asked her if it was okay with her mom , would she go out with me and she said she would. I then asked her moms permission to ask her daughter out on a date and she said yes ( I know that's sort of old fashioned ) but ( her mom adores me to this day for that) so Alicia and I started dating and the rest has been a fairytale for me..and I'd like to think so for her too...

Last edited:
I also wanted to add this...

First her bad family situation didn't involve her mom...

Also....

I didnt originally put that Alicias mother introduced us. I had met Karen (Alicia's mom) several months earlier as she worked as a cashier at one of the local gas stations where I often bought gas and one night she asked me if I had met her daughter before and I said no. Alicia was working at the subway in the other part of the store and she called her over and we started talking and I then went over to that part of the store and we talked for hours that night when she wasn't busy helping customers. As the night came to an end I said I would come back the next night ( unfortunately the next night I wasn't able to see her as I had forgotten about other commitments with friends). The next weekend I did go back to see her dressed in a all black suit with tie carrying a dozen yellow roses and wearing Tommy cologne( big scent in that era ) (Tommy is still her favorite scent on me to this day) (Also the reason for yellow roses was I didn't want to be presumptuous).. Well we talked again for hours and then I asked her if it was okay with her mom , would she go out with me and she said she would. I then asked her moms permission to ask her daughter out on a date and she said yes ( I know that's sort of old fashioned ) but ( her mom adores me to this day for that) so Alicia and I started dating and the rest has been a fairytale for me..and I'd like to think so for her too...
Does anyone remember the show Love, American Style? I am seriously dating myself by the mere suggestion of the show. All these stories would make great vignettes if only Hollywood wouldn't screw them up with fabrications to please the mass market.

Thank you, Jaro, for your story. There is more to us than a country (or planet) of malcontents and misfits. The bond that you all express is what makes us strong and gives us the fortitude to weather all kinds of storms. If I had a glass I would raise it in honor of the ladies whom you share your lives with.

Does anyone remember the show Love, American Style? I am seriously dating myself by the mere suggestion of the show. All these stories would make great vignettes if only Hollywood wouldn't screw them up with fabrications to please the mass market.

Thank you, Jaro, for your story. There is more to us than a country (or planet) of malcontents and misfits. The bond that you all express is what makes us strong and gives us the fortitude to weather all kinds of storms. If I had a glass I would raise it in honor of the ladies whom you share your lives with.
That show first premiered 10 days before I was born...;)

Just over 24 hours and I have 650 views, 45 replies, and only 2 entries. I am hopeful the weekend brings some more folks or this will be easy pickin's for those two people!

Don't get me wrong, I am ever so grateful for all the views and wonderful comments of support, just surprised there aren't more participants.

Wow ! One of the most poignant and tender PIF's that I have ever seen here on Badger and Blade.
I am respectfully not in, as I want to increase the odds of another deserving B&B member to win this
wonderful prize. My heartfelt affection and admiration to you, Mr. DEPenguin .... May the sweet loving
memories of your cherished Denise (your Bella Dea) always be a blessing for you.

Just over 24 hours and I have 650 views, 45 replies, and only 2 entries. I am hopeful the weekend brings some more folks or this will be easy pickin's for those two people!

Don't get me wrong, I am ever so grateful for all the views and wonderful comments of support, just surprised there aren't more participants.

I'd gladly join, and I love the theme and your courage in speaking so openly about all this. Thing is, I truly have more stuff than I can use in at least five years (I think). So that idea about the welcome forum is a great one IMHO; perhaps it'll bring more in. Now, if there was a stainless R41 in the mix I'd be all over it ;)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well if you do, could you do me a favour Dave? Pick up a few things from Executive Shaving and Connaught for me? Shipping charges from the UK are brutal ;)
I'm begging my lovely War Department as we speak to take a trip with me to Ireland, so maybe I can hook you up?

Who'm I kiddin'? That woman keeps me on a tight leash!

Wow ! One of the most poignant and tender PIF's that I have ever seen here on Badger and Blade.
I am respectfully not in, as I want to increase the odds of another deserving B&B member to win this
wonderful prize. My heartfelt affection and admiration to you, Mr. DEPenguin .... May the sweet loving
memories of your cherished Denise (your Bella Dea) always be a blessing for you.
They are indeed, Adam. She helped make me a better man, although when she was here she probably would have argued the point. Would be a good argument to have . . . in the best of ways, of course.

Thanks for your thoughts, sir. I appreciate them. :001_smile
Jeff, you make your Bella Dea, and all of us, very proud.
Thank you, Dan. I am humbled to have the approbation of such an august body of members; I am all the moreso for having Denise's sublime and beautiful approval.
I'd gladly join, and I love the theme and your courage in speaking so openly about all this. Thing is, I truly have more stuff than I can use in at least five years (I think). So that idea about the welcome forum is a great one IMHO; perhaps it'll bring more in. Now, if there was a stainless R41 in the mix I'd be all over it ;)
Done! Thank you very much for being part of our studio audience :p
Very lovely, Jeff.
Thank you, Adam. Much appreciated. (That's two Adams in one response! Does that constitute an Adams family?)
Respectfully not in.

I am a long-time lurker, but new to membership. Your PIF and your story touched me so much that I had to sign up so as to add my voice to the chorus of support.
Thank you, HMS! That is really quite something that you were compelled enough to sign up just to respond. Welcome, sir, and I hope you will stick around for all these folks have to offer. Good group here, you won't be disappointed!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Respectfully not in.

I am a long-time lurker, but new to membership. Your PIF and your story touched me so much that I had to sign up so as to add my voice to the chorus of support.

Best,
Hms
You need to get in this!

AND....... Don't be a stranger on here my friend!

Not everyone on here is as mean as me!

You know, I was considering making a sacrifice to the shave gods -- maybe a snurdle of Proraso, or a stick of Arko. But then it occurred to me that I may risk offending said deities with urinal cake. (Clearly I have a really difficult time not ribbing our wonderful companion @FarmerTan about his Arko fetish, uh, fandom.)

Seriously though, I was considering calling in some backup to boost the entries, and then @FarmerTan happened! A one man rally crew! Thanks Dave! Especially since I razz you about Arko so much. Someday I'll have to try it :p

Top Bottom