What's new

BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin

SOTD: :yikes:
Razor: Roedter 1909
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (2)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Cream: Cyril R Salter Wild Rose
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
View attachment 1285528
At least this razor has no redeemable qualities that I've been able to ascertain. No matter how hard you try this is not a comfortable razor to shave with ever. With each stroke there can be an intense sensation that feels like a mosquito bite. The first impulse is to go back over that area with the razor to scratch that itch. I highly recommend against doing that. There is never a moment where it ever feels like it would not immediately peel skin off your face. The wonky blade exposure, where the blade bends upwards, is a real nose picker for those hard to reach spots both inside and under your nose. It will readily dig the hair out below the skin when shaving those areas if need be. These are my day two observations using the Roedter 1909.

Is the Roedter 1909 the razor for you?

1. It is Irredeemable
2. It is Uncomfortable
3. It causes itching sensations
4. It will peal skin
5. The upward bend of the blade can be used to pick your nose
6. It can cut out hair below the surface

If any of the above appeals to you, in any way, buy a Roedter 1909. You'll end up with an all brass razor you'll regret purchasing for life. It's something you can pass down to your grandchildren, especially the little git who broke the lamp in the living room.
I'm shocked, shocked .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

The wonky blade exposure, where the blade bends upwards, is a real nose picker for those hard to reach spots both inside and under your nose.

large.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (2)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
View attachment 1285528
At least this razor has no redeemable qualities that I've been able to ascertain. No matter how hard you try this is not a comfortable razor to shave with ever. With each stroke there can be an intense sensation that feels like a mosquito bite. The first impulse is to go back over that area with the razor to scratch that itch. I highly recommend against doing that. There is never a moment where it ever feels like it would not immediately peel skin off your face. The wonky blade exposure, where the blade bends upwards, is a real nose picker for those hard to reach spots both inside and under your nose. It will readily dig the hair out below the skin when shaving those areas if need be. These are my day two observations using the Roedter 1909.

1. It is Irredeemable
2. It is Uncomfortable
4. It will peal skin

If any of the above appeals to you, in any way, buy a Roedter 1909. You'll end up with an all brass razor you'll regret purchasing for life. It's something you can pass down to your grandchildren, especially the little git who broke the lamp in the living room.

Doesn't sound like your Roedter is providing good shaves at all. :(

With due caution engaged, both of my shaves (6/4 & 6/21) have been good. I'll be shaving shortly and will get my results posted for today's shave.

I wonder, since the Roedter is a "defective Fatip", if your 1909 is more defective than my 1909? :confused1

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1624379828659.png

...this razor has no redeemable qualities that I've been able to ascertain. No matter how hard you try this is not a comfortable razor to shave with ever. With each stroke there can be an intense sensation that feels like a mosquito bite. The first impulse is to go back over that area with the razor to scratch that itch. I highly recommend against doing that. There is never a moment where it ever feels like it would not immediately peel skin off your face. The wonky blade exposure, where the blade bends upwards, is a real nose picker for those hard to reach spots both inside and under your nose. It will readily dig the hair out below the skin when shaving those areas if need be. These are my day two observations using the Roedter 1909.

1. It is Irredeemable
2. It is Uncomfortable
4. It will peal skin

1624380159281.png

Hmmm...​

Doesn't sound like your Roedter is providing good shaves at all. :(

With due caution engaged, both of my shaves (6/4 & 6/21) have been good. I'll be shaving shortly and will get my results posted for today's shave.

I wonder, since the Roedter is a "defective Fatip", if your 1909 is more defective than my 1909? :confused1

Not my face.
Not my call.
I'm not Houston.​
1624380074646.png

I do know a really good plastic surgeon.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
BOSC Warriors vs The Roedter 1909
shave 20210622_100628_2.jpg

Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Fragrance: Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute EdT Spray

The Roedter 1909 is certainly not, by any means, a practical razor. The shaves I am getting from my Roedter are very different (for the better) than the shaves @Raven Koenes has reported getting from his Roedter. Comparing the posted pics of how the blades are held, his Roedter does impart a "v" crease on one side of the blade. Mine does not. With a sample group of only two razors, it's hard to say, for certain, how "defective" a particular Roedter will be.

Passes: 2xWTG+1xXTG on my face, 1xWTG+1xATG on my neck, 1xXTG on my jawline plus very minor touch-up. Not sure the extra pass bought me anything and will go back to two passes tomorrow.

The notes from yesterday's shave also describe today's shave:

Used a steep angle with very (very) minimal (really close to zero) pressure.

This razor sings. Lots of audible feedback. Not surprising since the blade has very little support. I really took my time and focused on everything: No pressure, maintaining a steep razor angle, short basic strokes, patience, wore my glasses.

Results: Smooth and free of irritation but with two minor weepers that resolved with a cold water rinse.

Good shave. :cool:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Every time I get a nick from the V-shape side, where the razor blade turns up, I switch it to the other side where it is ungodly aggressive. The v-shaped side is the smoother side and prone to nick. The other side is super aggressive and prone to bite. It is the side that feels like sandpaper as well. The smooth side is the mosquito bite side. My face has survived two days, but it is much redder than my normal ruddy complexion:
204646455_10225651572652577_6239973822539421140_n_25.jpg

I'm beginning to think my Roedter 1909 is defective.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Every time I get a nick from the V-shape side, where the razor blade turns up, I switch it to the other side where it is ungodly aggressive. The v-shaped side is the smoother side and prone to nick. The other side is super aggressive and prone to bite. It is the side that feels like sandpaper as well. The smooth side is the mosquito bite side. My face has survived two days, but it is much redder than my normal ruddy complexion:
View attachment 1285693
I'm beginning to think my Roedter 1909 is defective.

A "defective, defective Fatip"? :eek2: :eek:

The blade in my 1909 is pretty much flat, no "v" deviations, and has fairly equal blade exposure on both sides.
roedter blade1 20210620.jpg

roedter blade2 20210620.jpg

I'm not having to navigate and negotiate all of the additional obstacles that you do with your razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210623_084544_2.jpg

Blade: Bolzano (3)
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Passes: 2xWTG+1xXTG on my face, 1xWTG+1xATG+1xXTG on my neck & jawline plus minor touch-up.

Standard notes for the Roedter 1909:

This razor sings. Lots of audible feedback. Not surprising since the blade has very little support. I really took my time and focused on everything: No pressure, maintaining a steep razor angle, short basic strokes, patience, wore my glasses.

Results: Smooth face. Very minor irritation. Two minor weepers (in the swirl areas on my neck that I picked up going XTG on my neck) that resolved with a cold water rinse.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I ran into some food poisoning. This gave my face a much needed break. I may use the evil razor tomorrow. I'll post with pictures if I do, or describe a milder sane razor if I don't.

Cheers
Rave

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210624_055653_2.jpg

Blade: Bolzano (4)
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Passes: 2xWTG on my face, 1xWTG+1xATG on my neck, 1xXTG on my jawline plus minor touch-up.

Standard notes for the Roedter 1909:

Results: Smooth face. No irritation or weepers.

Top Bottom