What's new

BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Nah it's just a stupid design aimed at a quien es mas macho crowd. A shavette is an aggressive design but at least the blade is securely held . I'll use my Le Coq Caged Head if I need drama.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

No drama. My first shave with the Roedter 1909 was drama free and turned out pretty good.

I kept my strokes N > S and S > N. No j-hooks or Gillette slides. Got through it with no blood or irritation.

shave 20210604_133052_2.jpg

Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Canoe EdT Splash

My first shave with the 1909 was back on 6/4. I'll be shaving later on this morning (PDT) for the honor of BOSC! :) :cool:

No drama. My first shave with the Roedter 1909 was drama free and turned out pretty good.

I kept my strokes N > S and S > N. No j-hooks or Gillette slides. Got through it with no blood or irritation.

View attachment 1285003
Blade: Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Canoe EdT Splash

My first shave with the 1909 was back on 6/4. I'll be shaving later on this morning (PDT) for the honor of BOSC! :) :cool:
I need to ATG on my head in parts to get a shave I'm happy with, no matter the razor. Ain't happening.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I need to ATG on my head in parts to get a shave I'm happy with, no matter the razor. Ain't happening.

N > S takes care of ATG on my neck. Yes, the beard on my neck tends to grow from the bottom of my neck up toward my chin and jawline.

S > N takes care of ATG on my face.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
BOSC Warriors vs The Roedter 1909 :a45:
shave 20210621.jpg

Blade: Bolzano (1)
Brush: Omega EVO
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray

Used a steep angle with very (very) minimal (really close to zero) pressure.
Passes: 1xWTG and 1xXTG on my face, 1xWTG+1xATG/XTG on my neck, 1xXTG along my jawline plus very minor touch-up.

This razor sings. Lots of audible feedback. Not surprising since the blade has very little support. I really took my time and focused on everything: No pressure, maintaining a steep razor angle, short basic strokes, patience, wore my glasses.

Good results: Smooth, bloodless and free of irritation. :)

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
If life is good and your shaves have been excellent. What can you do to mess it up? If your logic runs along this line you need a Roedter 1909!

I've been doing a pretty good job of that the last two weeks without needing any additional help.

Bullet Tip, fresh blade. Five weepers, per shave for the next two shaves. Maybe I need to try something else. My Grande and a Derby Extra never fails me! Three weepers and my left swirl a bloody mess. Well, damn... On to my Slim and a Derby set on 6. Two weepers and tore up my left side swirl again. Maybe I need a Perma-Sharp? No, Sir. I did not. Weeper city.

Finally, last night, partly in a fit of induced lunacy, I think it wise to dust off the NEW SC, load a fresh Derby Extra and have a go at ~80 hours worth. Four weepers around my mouth and 3 more left side swirl.

https _bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_f7100524...jpeg

I may need help, but I'm not sure a Roedter is the right kind lol.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've been doing a pretty good job of that the last two weeks without needing any additional help.

Bullet Tip, fresh blade. Five weepers, per shave for the next two shaves. Maybe I need to try something else. My Grande and a Derby Extra never fails me! Three weepers and my left swirl a bloody mess. Well, damn... On to my Slim and a Derby set on 6. Two weepers and tore up my left side swirl again. Maybe I need a Perma-Sharp? No, Sir. I did not. Weeper city.

Finally, last night, partly in a fit of induced lunacy, I think it wise to dust off the NEW SC, load a fresh Derby Extra and have a go at ~80 hours worth. Four weepers around my mouth and 3 more left side swirl.

View attachment 1285119

I may need help, but I'm not sure a Roedter is the right kind lol.

@Esox - This is your Mojo.
roedter-titan-800x800.jpg
tumblr_m8ntdagZyX1rako0qo9_250.gif

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :yikes:
Razor: Roedter 1909
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (2)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Cream: Cyril R Salter Wild Rose
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
034_22.jpg

At least this razor has no redeemable qualities that I've been able to ascertain. No matter how hard you try this is not a comfortable razor to shave with ever. With each stroke there can be an intense sensation that feels like a mosquito bite. The first impulse is to go back over that area with the razor to scratch that itch. I highly recommend against doing that. There is never a moment where it ever feels like it would not immediately peel skin off your face. The wonky blade exposure, where the blade bends upwards, is a real nose picker for those hard to reach spots both inside and under your nose. It will readily dig the hair out below the skin when shaving those areas if need be. These are my day two observations using the Roedter 1909.

Is the Roedter 1909 the razor for you?

1. It is Irredeemable
2. It is Uncomfortable
3. It causes itching sensations
4. It will peal skin
5. The upward bend of the blade can be used to pick your nose
6. It can cut out hair below the surface

If any of the above appeals to you, in any way, buy a Roedter 1909. You'll end up with an all brass razor you'll regret purchasing for life. It's something you can pass down to your grandchildren, especially the little git who broke the lamp in the living room.

Last edited:
Top Bottom