What's new

Are you a skin care junkie?

The best men's skin care routine is the shave finished with a good splash

• YES, I agree!

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • NO, I disagree!

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters
I’ve got my first one on the way. Can’t wait to try it. Cubebe.
I think you'll love it.

Honestly, it's very different than anything I've used before, cause it's not really a splash, but not a balm either.

It has rather thick, dense texture and it does contain a fair %-age of alcohol, but also a half dozen various skin-nurturing ingredients. They are as a matter of fact sensational and the scent is strong with a considerable staying power (for an aftershave that is). I'd have hard time choosing a favorite one, so a few more yet to be tested 😁 😂 🤣

1623749460060.png

Not sure if you can see the texture in this pic below. It's a lotion-like, a bit creamy, not entirely transparent:

1623749559287.png

Let me know your thoughts once you receive it!

I use Proraso preshave, alum, splash. That pretty much covers my skin care routine. I used to use witch hazel but I've kinda forgot about it since acquiring the Dart.
Proraso "green" (Menthol & Eucalyptus) contains Witch Hazel among other things and although I'm not a big fan of menthol in general, nor this particular scent is among my favorites, I got to say it is one of the very best aftershaves I have ever used. There is a slight burn (well this depends on whether one scraps skin or shaves whiskers), followed by a mild menthol chill sensation and then it just settles down as a soothing, calming goody and feels very nice. I really like the Proraso green splash.

Last edited:
Sugar scrub every Saturday
Warm water
Proraso White Preshave
Shave with the Fat
Cold water rinse on all exposed skin leaving the skin wet
Apply Hyaluronic Acid over all exposed skin
Apply Nivea aftershave balm for sensitive skin
Apply first aid moisturizer to remainder of exposed skin
Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going out

before bed
Wash face with moisturizing cleanser
Apply night cream

yep I’m one of those dudes on something

I’m predisposed to skin cancer so I’m doing everything I can to keep the skin moisturized and soft.

I use a tiny amount of after shave oil and that's it. i haven't been a daily face washer in many years, I'm using a shaving soap and brush every day, I don't see where any more soaping is necessary for me. Skin feels great.

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Lately I’ve been glancing through some of the posts talking about “skin care”.

I got to admit, I was totally blown away by the sheer amount of stuff some people use daily.

Without quoting, one guy went to explain his daily routine as smth. like this:

- Wash face with face-wash something
- Apply face scrub, exfoliating something
- Rinse face
- Apply pre-shave oil

Lather, shave, then finish by applying:

- Aftershave splash
- Hyaluronic acid
- Face moisturizer
- Aftershave balm

And there I was reading the post, totally bewildered. I was like WTH is this dude on?

Then I’ve read through another post where guys (guys??) discuss night creams and differences in thickness and texture of those creams and go on to debate at length why it is / is not a good idea to wear a tick night cream during the day.

So, IDK if it’s me, maybe I’m old-fashioned or overly simplified guy, but I wholeheartedly believe that all the “skin care” a man needs is a daily shave with a quality soap/cream and a good splash in the end.

At least that’s what I do…

What happened to YMMV mate? One of the reasons I like this little corner of the internet is because of YMMV. Your post seems a little judgemental and kind of breaks the sacred YMMV doesn't it? Especially the "guys??" addition seems a little intolerant of any type of gender difference. I am not a bleeding heart liberal, frankly I am pretty middle of the road with all my beliefs, but I do like being nice to people, and I thought everyone here was equally nice to people too.

If you are lucky to have skin that doesn't need anything more than your simple skin care routine, you are just that, lucky. Some people have way less easy skin to manage and need different things to help them make their skin the best it can be, and their shave as enjoyable as it can be too. After all, that is why we all ended up here isn't it, to enjoy shaving whatever it takes.

What happened to YMMV mate? One of the reasons I like this little corner of the internet is because of YMMV. Your post seems a little judgemental and kind of breaks the sacred YMMV doesn't it? Especially the "guys??" addition seems a little intolerant of any type of gender difference. I am not a bleeding heart liberal, frankly I am pretty middle of the road with all my beliefs, but I do like being nice to people, and I thought everyone here was equally nice to people too.

If you are lucky to have skin that doesn't need anything more than your simple skin care routine, you are just that, lucky. Some people have way less easy skin to manage and need different things to help them make their skin the best it can be, and their shave as enjoyable as it can be too. After all, that is why we all ended up here isn't it, to enjoy shaving whatever it takes.
Don’t read too much in to David’s post. I think he was just surprised and is trying to understand. I don’t think he intended to be judgmental.

Don’t read too much in to David’s post. I think he was just surprised and is trying to understand. I don’t think he intended to be judgmental.
I'd say intentionally judgmental, condescending and antagonistic. If someone is genuinely curious, then ask. The only questions I saw in the original post was "WTH is this dude on?" and "(guys??)". At least that's how I perceived the original post irregardless of what the intent was, but as we all know, YMMV.

... At least that's how I perceived the original post irregardless of what the intent was, but as we all know, YMMV.
As they say brother - perception is reality. I can't change yours... not that I want to, just to be clear 😉

As someone says before, I'd rather be shaving :straight: :straight: :straight:

I think it's largely experimental for a lot of guys, they see all these products out there and want to get a taste for all of them

I've become minimalist with skin care and I think my skin is happier for it. The less I disturb it, the better it looks. Tallow based soap (usually), cold water rinse, SV aftershave gel balm stuff and maybe a little Cerave moisturizer with SPF protection, shea butter or avocado oil. Sometimes I'll apply a thicker moisturizer before bed; if I apply it in the morning, I'll sweat from my face like crazy

Works for me and outside of shaving is probably 30 seconds of actual work. Always am assumed to be about ten years younger :biggrin1:

I am close to a ‘minimalist’ in terms of skin care.

I do use a face wash. Then, I start my lather, shave and finish with a splash.

If my skin is dry then a moisturizer. Works for me!! :clap: :clap:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I will not go into details. This has been developed by @camoloc and myself after many months of research and scientific testing. Once the world patents are fully registered, more will be revealed.

For the time being I can tell you that it involves applying an overnight face mask basically consisting of fresh goat manure, ground and mixed with ice-cold seawater and an aftershave balm whose main constituent is fermented salami paste rubbed well in.
Gotta get me some of that.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Dave's alright. I thought his wth wonderment amusing. I use more products in the winter. I go full monty with alum, hyaluronic acid, splash, followed by a balm. When it's hot everything must have menthol, but I narrow it down to using alum, hyaluronic acid, and a splash. I cut out the balm. I'm willfully excessive when it is cold and dry, and quite the minimalist when it is hot and humid...and never wear a man bun. I'm waiting for spray face in a can. :w00t: :letterk1:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I go for a balm only in fall, spring, and summer. I go for a splash and a balm in the summer. What I think about on this idea is there are many, many skin types and we all do what works for us. 😊

I think it's largely experimental for a lot of guys, they see all these products out there and want to get a taste for all of them

I've become minimalist with skin care and I think my skin is happier for it. The less I disturb it, the better it looks. Tallow based soap (usually), cold water rinse, SV aftershave gel balm stuff and maybe a little Cerave moisturizer with SPF protection, shea butter or avocado oil. Sometimes I'll apply a thicker moisturizer before bed; if I apply it in the morning, I'll sweat from my face like crazy

Works for me and outside of shaving is probably 30 seconds of actual work. Always am assumed to be about ten years younger :biggrin1:
I've been a long time happy user of Cerave's regular moisturizer and their face wash. I recently decided it would be a good idea to add in some SPF and I started to try out Cerave's version of it. I keep finding that part way through the day my eyes are stinging, and I think the lotion is to blame. Have you had any issues like this?

Other than that, my skincare sound similar to yours. Not sure about me looking younger though :biggrin1:

Top Bottom