What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Pears Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Folding Razor
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 Blade (D1)
Brush: Shavemac Germania 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap : D R Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Anherb AS Balm
Rating : 9.85/10 :pipe: :straight:

Close and silky smooth BBS in 2.5 passes ! :001_wub:

Yates Precision - H Plate

Kai

MOGNO

Tobacco

9.8/10

IMG_20210614_060243.jpg

Micromatic Mon 14 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 8th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice lather from the soap. The scent is good plus creamy and slick too...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent. Rating 10/10!
20210614_123801.jpg

Razor: Rockwell Model T Adjustable TTO
Blade: Israeli Personna (2)
Brush: Vie-Long Lord Randall, Badger/Horse,23mm

Soap: LEA Shave Stick

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel,
LEA After Shave Balsam

Three passes set on 3 and a touch-up set on 4.
Face has been relaxing about an hour. BBS all over.
No nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Soap/Cream: Palmolive stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1st)
AS: cold rinse; Pitralon Classic.
Lukewarm shower: La Maison de Savon de Marseille 'Masculin'

Two passes (WTG/ATG), pleasant process with excellent end result. Less BBS than I achieved yesterday with the Personna Platinum (red, 1st) but sooo much more fun shaving. I ditched the Personna after one shave. Incredible result but no fun at all for me to shave with that blade.

9,5/10 for me

C86DE714-26F2-4004-BBD3-80756B501308.jpeg

Razor: RR Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Good morning! Wonderful shave this morning. I’m really enjoying the Platinum blade in the Lupo. It seems to have hit its sweet spot, and today’s shave went as smooth as could be. Great lather as usual from the electric sheep and Starcraft brush. BBS.

10/10

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Captain’s Choice Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve SB
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Back to the cream today. The PK 47 did a fine job in making lather. Plus, it feels great on my face. A new razor today: the bronze Karve with the C plate. A nice, smooth shave.

14 June 2021

No picture today

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap

Razor:
WCS 84S—China?

Cream:
Old Spice Musk—India Use until used up. Used rain water

Brush:
Omega 11126--Italy

Blade:
Wilkinson Sword—UK or India?

Passes:
WTG and then ATG

Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.

Aftershave:
Brut--Mexico

Rating:
Stubble:
Nicks:
Weepers:
9.0 / DFS
Moderate
My nicks and weepers arose from clumsiness on my part and rushing to get done before mowing the back yard this morning—want to get it done before the heat / THI cranks up. However, the blade hinted at dulling. Will bank it if poor results tomorrow.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC #1 “Gateway”)
Blade: GEM PTFE
Brush: Paladin El Dorado
Soap: Martin de Candre Rose
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Deep Blue Sea

The Shave: W/X/A for a BBS. The MMOC was extremely efficient as usual. I never get any irritation with a MMOC if I do my part. I really enjoy the way they shave.
The El Dorado and MDC Rose are the perfect match, rich, creamy lather, nice and slick, heavenly face feel, just wow.
10/10 easily. I never thought that I would be using a razor like the MMOC, soaps like MDC, or brushes like Paladins…thank goodness for B&B and a willingness to experiment!
12D907ED-B5C0-4A2C-8FAB-9170D76960B5.jpeg
B7884AE2-E84F-4727-8846-CDC1A0E1AA41.jpeg
AE65B76A-1E63-452B-B74A-07E9C45C357D.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .95
Blade: Van Der Hagen SS (1)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Black Ice Black Licorice-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny splash

The Van Der Hagen blade workeed very well in the Lupo...was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be using all of the ones I ordered. All in all a DFS/BBS with no injuries. Anne Bonny is an oldie but a goodie in my collection...it caught my eye and I pulled it out. Performed well.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210614.jpg

South Florida Monday morning two-pass shave, 10/10, BBS-, just a lovely, relaxing, stress, and mishap free shave. My MIL seems to be settling in well, she's happy, the wife's happy and antsy to leave. I figure we'll be able to fly back out to Arizona within a week. I've been away for ten weeks, which is getting a bit much to not sleep in one of your own beds. It's been a good trip though, fun with the eastern grandkids, and helping both of our aged moms.

Pre-shave: it's so humid here in South Florida that it feels like my beard starts pre-softened each morning before I shower.
Razor: Occam's razor- two-dot plate- seems I may be the only one posting so frequent use of this razor, but my shaves have continued to be really fantastic, close and stress free.
Blade: Schick Proline (6)- feeling the blade dulling a bit; still cutting okay. The Prolines are really nice AC blades; I shipped the rest of the injector pack back home, so TSA wouldn't get them, but have a few Feather Pros left with me.
Brush: Shavemac small pure badger- breaking in nicely
Soap: Canada Shave soap- a superb lather
Post-shave: cool water rinse, pat dry, Epsilon Amber AS splash- I expected to feel a but of burn, but none at all.

Have some great shaves!
PXL_20210614_130925660.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, June 14th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior bar- Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range razor, great carefree shave today, I get a lot of performance with a fairly new blade from this work of art razor. Good daily driver IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) Very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable blade.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice light Tabaco scent with vanilla scent + excellent lather conditions.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter. 24 mm is a good size knot or smaller for a badger, this brush is not a lather hog IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap with a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.

MMMonday, June 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom