What's new

if you had to choose one de blade for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

After trying almost 20 different DE blades I honestly couldnt find a reason to stray away from my Astra which amazingly was the first DE blade i ever bought. Now that I mostly SR shave im pretty sure my DE surplus will last a long long time.

Gillette Silver Blues. Sharp, smooth, readily available, reasonably priced and they work great in my favorite razor (Gillette contract tech) so what’s not to love.
I've been about this since creating this thread and so far from my limited experience with de blades I'd have to say gillette nacets for me tbh 💯👌👍🔥🪒
Haven’t tried those yet. I have tried several others from the PPI plant including my favorites the GSBs. If the quality of blades from the PPI plant are any indication I’d probably enjoy those as well

I just finished evaluating a handful of different P&G blades. I now own hundred packs of two of them, NACET and Perma Sharp. My favorite blades as follows in order of preference. But they're all great.
NACET
Perma Sharp
Astra SP

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Glad I don’t have to make that choice for reals. So many good blades. But I could do with Wizamet Iridium-Super as my only blade if it came down to it. I have about 1500 on hand now, so that would potentially last me the rest of my life anyway.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Glad I don’t have to make that choice for reals. So many good blades. But I could do with Wizamet Iridium-Super as my only blade if it came down to it. I have about 1500 on hand now, so that would potentially last me the rest of my life anyway.

I use only Polsilver SI and Wizamet SI blades (different names and packaging, but same blade) and have a lifetime supply (unless I'm wrong which I hope is likely) with maybe a thousand of them in stock.

I have many many other blades, too, but don't use them at all.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom