What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
BOTD, Wed, June 9th 2021
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.

DE SOTD, Wed, June 9th 2021.jpg
Yaqi #1 Chianti's 24mm synthetic (4).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thanks, Beyond being cool my fascination with gnomes is quite convoluted, I assure you. Kabouter is Dutch for gnome. It's also a term adopted by the Kabouters a Dutch Anarchist group founded by Roul van Duijn in the 1970's:
View attachment 1279152
In his book De boodschap van een wijze Kabouter (The Message of a Wise Kabouter) his mission is to create an alternative society. Van Duijn for some time worked at an organic farm and asked the farmer if they were going to get a harvester. “No,” the farmer responded “Noisy machines chase away the kabouters, and we need them to keep our plants healthy.” He used this image to claim for the Kabouters. :letterk1:

Of course, everyone loves the images by Rien Poortvliet of gnomes from the book Gnomes:
View attachment 1279157
And since it is hot weather now going to make my milkshake kabouter…

Thanks, Beyond being cool my fascination with gnomes is quite convoluted, I assure you. Kabouter is Dutch for gnome. It's also a term adopted by the Kabouters a Dutch Anarchist group founded by Roul van Duijn in the 1970's:
View attachment 1279152
In his book De boodschap van een wijze Kabouter (The Message of a Wise Kabouter) his mission is to create an alternative society. Van Duijn for some time worked at an organic farm and asked the farmer if they were going to get a harvester. “No,” the farmer responded “Noisy machines chase away the kabouters, and we need them to keep our plants healthy.” He used this image to claim for the Kabouters. :letterk1:

Of course, everyone loves the images by Rien Poortvliet of gnomes from the book Gnomes:
View attachment 1279157
And by the way nice to see that Riens works were translated into English!
He passed away in 95 but lots of beautiful works I grew up with.

Top Bottom