What's new

Slickest Shaving Soap (or Cream)?

I think the slickest would be the "dud" reforumated, non-tallow British pucks like GFT followed by Williams then L'Occitane Cade on the soap side. The non-tallow, traditional UK soaps are very slick but the lather isn't always great looking, and Williams is often hard to dial in. On the cream side, I would say Xpec is the best followed by SMN, and these are very easy to figure out how to use.

Overall, I would say Xpec is the slickest followed by GFT, but I don't use GFT a lot because I don't like the lather for the most part.

However, there are a huge number of soaps and creams that give amazing glide so you have a huge number of choices.

Saponificio Varesino and Sudsy Soapery get my vote for slickest. I have fairly hard water where I live, in case that is helpful.

Ok...so far this is the slickest I’ve tried!
C50A9633-7B96-4125-9BEF-DA41CCA4ACB1.jpeg

Mystic Water
Declaration Grooming Milksteak
LEA stick
CRSW, all of them
SV
Just tried Declaration Grooming! Awesome slickness!
I also just got Mystic Waters and a couple of Cold River Soap Works.
I'm hesitant to try expensive European soaps (like Saponificio Varesino). $40 is a lot to gamble on a soap! I wished they sold samples like the American artisans!

I'm hesitant to try expensive European soaps (like Saponificio Varesino). $40 is a lot to gamble on a soap! I wished they sold samples like the American artisans!

I don't think it's a gamble TBH, SV really is one of the best soaps you can get, and if, for some reason, you don't like it you'll have no issue finding a buyer on BST.

Slickness is to me just one feature of a shave cream. But if that's your #1 criteria, Cremo 'Lathering Shave Cream' is the slickest I've ever used. It's only found on Amazon. The smell is so bad IMO though. Like an industrial cleaner of a home perm kit. They call it 'Sandalwood' if I remember correctly. Compared to it, Arko smells like 'Polo'

Slickness is to me just one feature of a shave cream. But if that's your #1 criteria, Cremo 'Lathering Shave Cream' is the slickest I've ever used. It's only found on Amazon. The smell is so bad IMO though. Like an industrial cleaner of a home perm kit. They call it 'Sandalwood' if I remember correctly. Compared to it, Arko smells like 'Polo'
Thanks for the warning 🤣 While slickness is my #1 criteria, it's not the only one. As a matter of fact, I have quite a collection of soaps that I plan on listing on BST because I don't care for their scent!

I don't think it's a gamble TBH, SV really is one of the best soaps you can get, and if, for some reason, you don't like it you'll have no issue finding a buyer on BST.
Just ordered a sample pack from Saponificio Varesino! 🇮🇹 👍
One question: Are all SV scents citrusy? 🍊 The first few scent notes seem to imply that they're citrus-forward.
Not that I'm anti-fruit (Bergamot may be nice in the Summer!)...just curious 🤔

Last edited:
Shavedash sells samples of SV...and a bunch of other stuff.

Just ordered a sample pack from Saponificio Varesino! 🇮🇹 👍
One question: Are all SV scents citrusy? 🍊 The first few scent notes seem to imply that they're citrus-forward.
Not that I'm anti-fruit (Bergamot may be nice in the Summer!)...just curious 🤔

No, there are fougere, aqua, and others as well. Citrus can be found in a lot of different frags but not be forward, so if you aren't a citrus fan you might still like many of them. Hopefully, some people that are more familiar with the frags can chime in and give you some information.

I know that Felce Armoatica is fougere, but I don't know if it's still sold, and 70th I think is aqua, and Cosmo seems like an oriental from the smell of it.

Top Bottom