What's new

Feather FHS-10 on a GEM Razor?

I know most people want to do the opposite, use a GEM blade on the OneBlade, but can the other way around be done? Can I use a Feather Feather FHS-10 on a GEM razor like a Sabre? And is this blade any good? Or it's problem is with the Oneblade razor?
Are the GEM ptfe much better then the Feather?

I will get a Sabre soon and wish to know if they will fit. Are they one more option to try if work or it's not worth it?

I am sure you can't because the holes at the side are on the wrong height. The second thing is that the FHS-10 are crap, for me these are to aggressive on the first shave the second is okay and then they are finished, simply dull. Believe me they are not worth a try.

I know most people want to do the opposite, use a GEM blade on the OneBlade, but can the other way around be done? Can I use a Feather Feather FHS-10 on a GEM razor like a Sabre? And is this blade any good? Or it's problem is with the Oneblade razor?
Are the GEM ptfe much better then the Feather?

I will get a Sabre soon and wish to know if they will fit. Are they one more option to try if work or it's not worth it?

The dimensions aren't quite the same due to the FHS-10 having no spine, and also they are just a wee bit wider than the GEM. I put a GEM spine on a FHS-10 so I could try it in a Wilkinson Pall Mall razor that a Gem won't fit because the stops are too far apart. The Feather worked just fine in the Pall Mall.

I get anywhere from 6-8 shaves from a FHS-10 in any razor but the OneBlade Core; for whatever reason the Core doesn't seem to like the blades it was designed to accept. The Core is a mediocre instrument at best so it's not the blade's fault.

Spine or no spine, the FHS-10 won't fit in any Micromatic razor - it lacks the cutouts for the locking tabs.

You do have some flexibility within the GEM blade family - PFTE coated, uncoated, stainless, carbon. No wasted time questing for the One True Blade like the DE "maybe THIS one will be the ONE!" blade snipe hunt, which is a plus in my book. Forces you to work on your technique.

Dorco makes a GEM-style blade; it's pretty deeply steeped in terribility, so stay away.

The dimensions aren't quite the same due to the FHS-10 having no spine, and also they are just a wee bit wider than the GEM. I put a GEM spine on a FHS-10 so I could try it in a Wilkinson Pall Mall razor that a Gem won't fit because the stops are too far apart. The Feather worked just fine in the Pall Mall.

I get anywhere from 6-8 shaves from a FHS-10 in any razor but the OneBlade Core; for whatever reason the Core doesn't seem to like the blades it was designed to accept. The Core is a mediocre instrument at best so it's not the blade's fault.

Spine or no spine, the FHS-10 won't fit in any Micromatic razor - it lacks the cutouts for the locking tabs.

You do have some flexibility within the GEM blade family - PFTE coated, uncoated, stainless, carbon. No wasted time questing for the One True Blade like the DE "maybe THIS one will be the ONE!" blade snipe hunt, which is a plus in my book. Forces you to work on your technique.

Dorco makes a GEM-style blade; it's pretty deeply steeped in terribility, so stay away.

I’m having good success with a honed FAS10, the carbon feathers in my OB Genesis. I’m on shave number three and it’s still feeling similar to the first one, or I forgot what that was like. A couple more shaves and I’ll swap in a new cutter and see how it feels. I KNOW the stainless feel like buttered glass on the first go. I’ll double check that as well, but I’m currently out of them….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom