What's new

Rare Brush?

An interesting brush, sales price is impressive. There's more fun here.
Does this mean an end to the Barely Seconds scratch and dents?

Paladin 1555 defective.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GNR
$1555? Cripes.
I know, but it sheds light on interesting possibilities not only for Paladin but for custom makers in general.

Consecutive serial numbers, one off shapes or materials in exclusive runs... What if Wolfman went 100% auction!? Or Varlet made consecutive serial numbered, matching 2Band fan, bulb combos? What would a Wolfman cosmetic reject (does it exist) fetch at auction?

Last edited:
Do I understand this correctly? They are selling “imperfect” brushes as ultra premium products through an auction?

If so, I think I’ll take a hard pass on that.
I don't know if they are considered 'imperfect' by the buyers, but a smaller fraction of the makers process. Something odd and rare?

Last edited:
Paladins auctions make me not trust them, they seem kind of under handed and prey on people with more money than sense. Also seems like they do them on purpose, obviously they have brushes why not just sell them out right instead of gouging their customers.

Paladins auctions make me not trust them, they seem kind of under handed and prey on people with more money than sense. Also seems like they do them on purpose, obviously they have brushes why not just sell them out right instead of gouging their customers.
They need to make money and find avenues to move their goods in a maybe more mature market? As an aside could the price of standard production run items remain more stable in an inflationary and volatile economy by doing this?

They need to make money and find avenues to move their goods in a maybe more mature market? As an aside could the price of standard production run items remain more stable in an inflationary and volatile economy by doing this?
Other brush makers do not seem to have to resort to such tactics

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Do I understand this correctly? They are selling “imperfect” brushes as ultra premium products through an auction?

If so, I think I’ll take a hard pass on that.
Looks like you hit the nail on the head, as far as I am concerned.

Reminds me of what P T Barnum said....

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If people want to spend that sort of money on an item it is their money to spend. No-one is making them spend their money, they are choosing to. Paladin Shaving is a Vendor here and I hope that you can respect their way of doing business. You may not agree with the auction system but it is their business.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Blimey, I don't understand the fuss over the regular brushes so this leaves me totally bemused. That said, I see nothing improper in auctioning off seconds but given the amount they are raising I would be tempted to produce more of them. 🤣

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
More power to them. I own five Paladins, 3 of which came from their 'Backroom' where seconds are sold at a slight discount. The other two were at full retail price. I imagine Paladin produce a few hundred brushes a year, more or less, and compared to their competition in the high-end luxury brush business they are quite reasonably priced. You really shouldn't ascribe the same motives or the same sense of value to a collector as you would to a user. Some guys obviously see value in these auction offerings. In some cases it's the rarity of a resin or something. Collectors often see value where users see defects- as was the case with one of these brushes. So be it.

If I remember correctly, I believe Ken from Paladin owns a Rooney that was mislabeled to read 'Pooney.' What do you think that would fetch at auction?

Do not agree at all with their way of doing business, but it is their business they can run it how they want. It just not seem to be in the same spirit that the members here seem to view this forum.

Hmmm Well, look at it this way, if people are willing to pay that amount how much are they willing to pay for a perfect brush.
I respect the sellers they need to make a living, but that is going to make the product way too expensive for a perfect brush. If they wish to increase their prices to reflect that it's perfect that's all I'm saying.

Top Bottom