What's new

Synthetic Summer

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I think that I will commit to an all-synthetic lineup for the month of June, as I wait for the arrival of my Beagle two band. Each day starting next Tuesday, 1 June, I'll only use synthetic brushes either until July 4th or until the Beagles arrive, whichever comes first. Anyone want to join me? We can post SOTD photos or summaries in this thread. You don't need to have bought a Beagle to participate-- all you need is a synthetic brush and a desire to join the fun. You don't even need to use a synth every single day if you don't want to- but when you do, let us know.

It will be good to break some of these brushes out- I haven't used most of them in several years. I think most of my synths are pictured. Some are great, but many I did not like- we'll see if time has changed my perspective on some of them.
So in these photos we have Simpsons, Zeniths, and miscellaneous synthetics. Join in- let's see your lineups! Synthetic Summer!

M7 rt resze.jpeg
zenith synths resze.jpeg
synths odd resze.jpeg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fantastic synthetic line up that will get you way past June!
I’ve got a major inventory of synthetic landing on omega evo and Simpson t3 as my top performers. However since I’ve been in mistura heaven I think I’m done. (For now probably 😇)

linty1

My wallet cries.
I like this idea, but I only had one synthetic. I tried synths many years ago and came away not liking them and swore them off for a long time. Recently tried another on rec from here and it was ok?

Your lineup of synthetics are nice to look at though

I’ll have to pass. The urge to use a Synth hits me only every blue moon. I have yet to try a high end fibre like Mühle STF or Simpsons Platinum which might change my view on them.

Great pictures 😃
Haven't used any of my badgers Or boars since 29th Jan 2021. No longer have the space in the bathroom for the full complement. That and I now share it with the whole family so I don't want any mold to grow on them etc. Been rotating my 6 or 7 synths since then. Great idea to just use man made.

Now in a more natural hair wave but more than enough synths to do that hmmmm and I was just getting into face lathering now I have to go back to bowl lathering…..

I will join but I can’t promise 100% compliance. I CAN promise that I will not be using my Simpson Classic Synth very often!

This will be a good chance for me to use synths that have been stored away for months/years.

My current synthetic rotation...

Simpson Chubby 2
Simpson M7
Simpson Trafalgar 1
Simpson Trafalgar 2
Semogue Pharos Synthetic
Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic
Yaqi Barberpole 30mm Synthetic
Rockwell Synthetic
Simpson Classic 👎

This is my reason for doing this- I haven't used most of these synthetics in 4 years or longer. Dust them down and see how they do.

It is a good idea.

I really like my Trafalgars, Yaqi Sagrada and Semogue but I just don’t use them. Why would I when I can use a great badger from Paladin, Thater, Kent, Zenith or one of many Simpson or Spiffos?

I did this last year with Boars. Decemboar, I think. A month of using boars exclusively was a bit much, but I did it. I think I have only used a boar brush once since!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It is a good idea.

I really like my Trafalgars, Yaqi Sagrada and Semogue but I just don’t use them. Why would I when I can use a great badger from Paladin, Thater, Kent, Zenith or one of many Simpson or Spiffos?

I did this last year with Boars. Decemboar, I think. A month of using boars exclusively was a bit much, but I did it. I think I have only used a boar brush once since!
These activities keep things fresh- I used nothing but Pure badger brushes for Lent this spring- about 50 days between Ash Wednesday and Easter. Might be fun to do a month with synths.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have 2 synths, both fairly new. A T3 (big) and H40 Ever-Ready that I put a black and white knot in (small). This will get me using them more, although I will mix in my natural brushes also.

Top Bottom