What's new

My Captain's Choice Experience

Starting with the Captain's Choice bowl sale a few weeks ago, I started a little shopping spree to explore Captain's Choice. I was then recently selected in Scott's Decoration Day contest. That second spree arrived today. Attached is a picture of my CC products. My impressions so far:

The bowl is great. I love the design, the hint of cranberry color in the glaze. Most of all, I like the ridges in the bottom. They are wide enough and round, so no soap gets caught in corner crevices. Perfect size in the hand, perfect size for a healthy amount of lather for 6 passes, two on the face and two on the dome. A very nice upgrade from my cereal bowl.

The creams all smell divine. I have only used Venture and Land Ho! so far. Performance is great. Very much looking forward to trying the rest.

Including sample after shaves was a very nice touch. My sons thought it was neat to get the production Italia after we had participated in the testing phase a few months ago.

Both orders shipped almost immediately. Scott answered questions right away, and both orders included a hand-written note.

Attachments

• IMG_20210524_190258201.jpg
    IMG_20210524_190258201.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 91
I concur with positive experiences with Captain's Choice and Scott.

I also ordered a shaving bowl and a tub of Captain's Choice Venture soap during Captain's Choice's recent sale. Prior to that, I purchased samples of Captain's Choice creams and balms. Scott provided fantastic service and I received my orders quickly. Not only that, but his creams, balms, and soaps have all been top notch. I am very happy with all of them.

That said, I have just a minor nit to pick with my shave bowl. I didn't realize the bowl would be made with a red clay. There are a couple spots where the cobalt blue glaze didn't color the bowl as well, leaving some red to shine through. This is only a problem because my alma mater's main rival uses red as one of its main school colors and so I tend to shun anything colored red. 😁

But seriously, I am loving my new shave bowl. Like everything else I've bought from Scott, it has exceeded my expectations.

I encourage everyone to try some Captain's Choice products.

Starting with the Captain's Choice bowl sale a few weeks ago, I started a little shopping spree to explore Captain's Choice. I was then recently selected in Scott's Decoration Day contest. That second spree arrived today. Attached is a picture of my CC products. My impressions so far:

The bowl is great. I love the design, the hint of cranberry color in the glaze. Most of all, I like the ridges in the bottom. They are wide enough and round, so no soap gets caught in corner crevices. Perfect size in the hand, perfect size for a healthy amount of lather for 6 passes, two on the face and two on the dome. A very nice upgrade from my cereal bowl.

The creams all smell divine. I have only used Venture and Land Ho! so far. Performance is great. Very much looking forward to trying the rest.

Including sample after shaves was a very nice touch. My sons thought it was neat to get the production Italia after we had participated in the testing phase a few months ago.

Both orders shipped almost immediately. Scott answered questions right away, and both orders included a hand-written note.

Yep,. CC is a class act all the way. Love the products ive used from them.

Santa is bringing me the Captain’s Choice Heavy Copper Lathering bowl for Christmas. It’s okay, I’ll act surprised, LOL. I’ve liked the CC products that I’ve used and Scott always puts something extra in there to try. I’d also like to mention that he supports and gives back to Veterans. A class act all the way around. Scott is a great member of the shaving enthusiast community. I think I’ll go to his website and buy something.

For some reason..am not getting great lather with CC creams...have a bunch of samples but they are forming more sudsy lather versus thick and creamy...works but not yet impressed

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I bought the CC standard copper bowl a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I'm also loving the Nor'easter aftershave, which has become my second favorite after Proraso Green. Haven't tried any of the soaps or creams yet.

For some reason..am not getting great lather with CC creams...have a bunch of samples but they are forming more sudsy lather versus thick and creamy...works but not yet impressed
Are you taking the cream out of the sample jar and pressing it into a bowl? That will help make sure you get enough product. Also, try adding your water very gradually on to the brush (not all at once). Agitate side to side instead of swirling which can put excess air into the mix.

Top Bottom