What's new

EDC bag

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have a bugout, SHTF bag that stays at home, but my edc “just in case” pouch is more handy things, like cord, a torch, pencil and paper, Leatherman, and so on.
I bought a bag about 18 months ago?

Yeah, my EDC bag is still my jeans pockets.

Procrastinate much?

When I'm carrying my Ruger LCR on my hip I weigh FIFTEEN POUNDS MORE THAN I DO in my boxers.

I am what you all politely refer to as an IDIOT!

FarmerTan

But what if the bite is in your friends butt?
Dang.... THAT thought never occurred to me!

Man. Looks like I'd have to get another friend!

Who'm I kiddin'? ALL my friends are on B&B, and there ain't a one of 'em dumb enough to be out in the wilds with me!

So I guess the answer is I would "virtually" suck the venom from my friend!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Dang.... THAT thought never occurred to me!

Man. Looks like I'd have to get another friend!

Who'm I kiddin'? ALL my friends are on B&B, and there ain't a one of 'em dumb enough to be out in the wilds with me!

So I guess the answer is I would "virtually" suck the venom from my friend!
That reminds me of a joke.
2 friends are swimming in a stock tank and friend 1 gets bitten on his man parts by a cottonmouth. Friend 2 calls 911 and tells call taker what happened. The 911 call taker transfers him to poison control who tells him the only chance his friend has to survive is for him to return and suck the poison out of the bite. Friend 2 returns back to Friend 1 who frantically asks “what did they say?” Friend 2 very somberly says “I’m sorry, they said you’re going to die.”

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This week has been nuts. Traveled all over Texas. My EDC bag was indispensable. I used so many things in that bag during my travels it was a good friend to have with me. I’m not talking about a bug out bag or survival bag, I’m just talking about a bag that has all your little items that you would normally stock in your house. From water to snack bar or even a knife and pain reliever, tums, hand lotion and a face mask.
….Now I need to restock.

FarmerTan

This week has been nuts. Traveled all over Texas. My EDC bag was indispensable. I used so many things in that bag during my travels it was a good friend to have with me. I’m not talking about a bug out bag or survival bag, I’m just talking about a bag that has all your little items that you would normally stock in your house. From water to snack bar or even a knife and pain reliever, tums, hand lotion and a face mask.
….Now I need to restock.
Once my life settles down a bit (next week?) I am definitely going to FINALLY load the bag I bought 2 years ago! Thanks for the reminder friend.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My little EDC bag has been the best thing. I’ve been traveling all over Texas this past month. It’s been there for me just to reach in and get a Tylenol or a protein bar or my water bottle. Don’t leave home without one. I even stocked it with one of my old cell phones. In an emergency you can call 911.

A bit of a ramble:

My EDC bag 90+% of the time was a "slick"/no molle Eagle Industries 3 Day Assault Pack. While well made, it had little internal organization and was essentially a bag of bags. (Lap top in a sleeve/disc player in a sleeve/charging cords etc in a bag/FAK in a bag/boo boo kit in a bag/pens etc in a bag etc)

With COVID, I have had to go back and forth from the office with a laptop regularly for the first time in my career. Ergo, I decided I "needed" a new EDC bag.

After much research and as an advocate of one bag and never check baggage travel (particularly when traveling business casual) coupled with my desire to buy Made in the USA when possible, it came down to the Tom Bihn Synapse 25 (S25/210.00 ) and the Tom Bihn Synik 30 (S30/300.00).

5 liters more is always 5 liters more. The S30 comes with a frame sheet for heavier loads and has an integrated laptop area that be accessed without opening the bag. That is about 80 dollars worth of add on such that the S25 and the S30 are now essentially the same price. The pocket organization/structure are essentially the same. The S30 has a full claimshell zipper (which does not open inadvertently given the use of YKK self locking zippers) making access for both EDC and travel a breeze. Finally, the S30 has a pass thru such that it will fit on the handle of a spinner/pull behind bag.

I intend to buy a Travel Pro Platinum Elite 21 for a 10 day trip late this summer. This spinner coupled with the S30 should have me able to carry on a SWA 737 with ease, packed for 10 days. No muss, no fuss.

I fully understand that my choice was a buy once cry once solution and I could have simply kept going with the bag of bags routine. I work hard for the money and decided that I was buying my last EDC bag/primary business travel casual bag for a while.

YMMV

Let us know what you do and why you do it.

PS-I do have smaller bags for a dedicated trip to the pool/gym/etc. that still et used from time to time. 420D cordura fabric and YKK zippers minimum would be baseline for any EDC.

If I carry an EDC bag, it's a Tom Bihn Co-Pilot, 1050 Ballistic, have carried it all over, domestically and internationally, also in my Harley pannier. Great bag! No longer made in 1050 Ballistic, such a shame. Lifetime warranty. They use 525 Ballistic and lightweight Halcyon/Dynemma. Very highly recommended.
20210624_082851.jpg

Top Bottom