What's new

Grew a 2-week stubble/beard for the first time since I started shaving 20+ years ago

IMG_20210521_210122.jpg

And then I had a clean shave.

What surprised me the most is that now I am in day 4 post-shave, and I only have the amount of stubble that I would normally have in the early 2nd day post-shave (before I grew this stubble).

Also, this might be completely coincidental (or even just my impression), but I noticed a bit of increased hair shedding during the second week of growing the beard.

However, on a very positive note, my skin reset and became healthier overall. In particular, I had developed some minor dry spots around the mouth (from over-shaving, I suppose), which came back to normal after the first 10 days or so of growing the stubble.

I think now that it is a good practice to grow a good amount of stubble once or twice per year, just to let the face rest.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I think now that it is a good practice to grow a good amount of stubble once or twice per year, just to let the face rest.
I agree with that and have noticed an improvement after a short rest from shaving, however on the occasions when I have left it a few weeks my skin has begun to deteriorate as a full beard has developed. Had I maintained a beard then this may have improved. Regular shaving with a rest for three or four days, once or twice a year works best for me.

I agree with that and have noticed an improvement after a short rest from shaving, however on the occasions when I have left it a few weeks my skin has begun to deteriorate as a full beard has developed. Had I maintained a beard then this may have improved. Regular shaving with a rest for three or four days, once or twice a year works best for me.
I shave every 3 days actually, but go for a BBS every single time so that generally stresses my skin I suppose.

To be honest, I expected to suffer a lot during the growth, but my face was only itchy during days 7-10 or so, after that the hair felt soft. I was doing some pre-shave rinses two times per day though, it helped keep my face fresh.

I think I will go for a full month next, probably do the no shave November thing.

Top Bottom