What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

I am enjoying this thread and this handle conversation epitomizes the ol' YMMV...

I have tried every Wolfman handle in solid, hollow, extra long etc and find the WRH1 90mm hollow with the WR2 head to be a match made in heaven (weighing in at 95g total). I could easily have settled on any one, but the WRH1 90mm hollow just works for me (I also like the WRH1 knurling). I use TiBam titanium on a Gillette Pre War Tech and a Gillette New SC, so a lighter razor suits me these days.

Personally they feel too light and the balance is better with a short 80mm or the narrower WRH3. It's just what I prefer.

It's the perfect handle for me, WRH1 or 2 and works with both WR1 and WRH2 heads.

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure if the hollow handles feel in any way "cheaper" than the solid ones.

If I were to get back on the list, I'd probably lean towards a solid 80mm WRH1 since I've liked that length in the past and I like my current WRH1 (90mm).

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I am enjoying this thread and this handle conversation epitomizes the ol' YMMV...

I have tried every Wolfman handle in solid, hollow, extra long etc and find the WRH1 90mm hollow with the WR2 head to be a match made in heaven (weighing in at 95g total). I could easily have settled on any one, but the WRH1 90mm hollow just works for me (I also like the WRH1 knurling). I use TiBam titanium on a Gillette Pre War Tech and a Gillette New SC, so a lighter razor suits me these days.

I've also been enjoying this and every other Wolfman thread on here for a while. I've been shaving exclusively with my WR2 1.15 SB every day since receiving it in early April. So today I pulled out one of my other DE's to revisit (which shall remain nameless) and it was just not very satisfying. I don't mean to come off as sounding too much like a fanboy after only being in the owners club 6 weeks, but my goodness, the Wolfman is one fine piece of shaving equipment. It is the most enjoyable DE I've found in this journey and I am pretty sure it has spoiled me.

And yes, I of course jumped back on the waitlist.....

All I know is my second one is going to be a WR1 and a Darwin handle....SB/OC/DC, blade gap and finish to be determined, and I'll probably change my mind half a dozen times....

And I'm already thinking I want a third with a WRH1 handle.......

Last edited:
I've also been enjoying this and every other Wolfman thread on here for a while. I've been shaving exclusively with my WR2 1.15 SB every day since receiving it in early April. So today I pulled out one of my other DE's to revisit (which shall remain nameless) and it was just not very satisfying. I don't mean to come off as sounding too much like a fanboy after only being in the owners club 6 weeks, but my goodness, the Wolfman is one fine piece of shaving equipment. It is the most enjoyable DE I've found in this journey and I am pretty sure it has spoiled me.

And yes, I of course jumped back on the waitlist.....
You are not alone! I have had quite a few modern razors, but now I shave with one modern razor alone, my Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB/WRH1 (hollow). I do have three vintage Gillette's (pre-war tech, new SC and a Fatboy), but I only use them on the weekends. The Wolf gets the heavy lifting M-F. I keep looking at other modern razors, but haven't pulled the trigger. I would like a modern beater as a travel razor that is efficient enough that I can skip a few days if necessary and not worry about it being too mild. I have been reading up on the Karve and Lupo, but neither has tempted me enough to pull the trigger.

And yes, for some reason I too am on the Wolfman waitlist. I have no idea why, but I'm on it.

All I know is my second one is going to be a WR1 and a Darwin handle....SB/OC/DC, blade gap and finish to be determined, and I'll probably change my mind half a dozen times....

And I'm already thinking I want a third with a WRH1 handle.......

Or get two handles with the second order? Both handles are great but very different.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I shave with one modern razor alone, my Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB/WRH1 (hollow). I do have three vintage Gillette's (pre-war tech, new SC and a Fatboy), but I only use them on the weekends. The Wolf gets the heavy lifting M-F.

Have you noticed that it even makes a "lesser" blade even give a good shave? Is it just me? But I've put in what I'd consider not as nice blades in it and it still shaves smooth. I'm guessing this is due to the head design and the way it holds the blade at the 4 corners? Thoughts? I mean I expected it to give good shaves with GSBs, Wizamets, and Nacets but it even feels good with the cheapos.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Have you noticed that it even makes a "lesser" blade even give a good shave? Is it just me? But I've put in what I'd consider not as nice blades in it and it still shaves smooth. I'm guessing this is due to the head design and the way it holds the blade at the 4 corners? Thoughts? I mean I expected it to give good shaves with GSBs, Wizamets, and Nacets but it even feels good with the cheapos.
Riding the Wolf steep provides jaw-dropping results, regardless of blade. The safety bar stretches the skin ahead of it and I swear the angle of the ridges on the bar even makes a difference. Just a brilliant shaver. Full stop.

Riding the Wolf steep provides jaw-dropping results, regardless of blade. The safety bar stretches the skin ahead of it and I swear the angle of the ridges on the bar even makes a difference. Just a brilliant shaver. Full stop.
Correct. I have used Nacet, GSB, Polsilver/Wizamet, Feather, Astra SP & SS, Personna Red and they all provide a great shave in the WR2.

Just paid the invoice for my next Wolf. Got on the list Jan 1, so just under five months this time. Not bad.
Maybe orders are slowing up a bit. I ordered on Nov 25 and paid May 13. Just over 5 months. You ordered 35 days after me and paid your invoice 11 days after me. Interesting. I wonder if this trend will continue.

I'm really enjoying this WRH1. I also have the WRH7, but find myself putting both my WR1 and WR2 heads on this handle. It's
Imagepipe_44.jpg
solid. My first Wolfman handle was a hollow, but I sold it as it had the weight feel of aluminum for me.

Any thoughts on the WR2 OC? I don't see them mentioned much.
Some guys have them for sure, and like them. I used to have one but now very much agree with what seems to be the general opinion around here that WR2 in SB is best and WR1 in OC is great. But they're all great razors.

Any thoughts on the WR2 OC? I don't see them mentioned much.
I have a WR2 DC and I use both The
OC &SB sides on every shave and it's
A different experience that I enjoy quite
Well so much so that on my upcoming
Order I ordered a 1.35 DC in basic brushed
With a WRH2 100mm hollow handle.

I have a WR2 DC and I use both The
OC &SB sides on every shave and it's
A different experience that I enjoy quite
Well so much so that on my upcoming
Order I ordered a 1.35 DC in basic brushed
With a WRH2 100mm hollow handle.
Thanks. Do you find the OC less smooth or more aggressive?

Top Bottom