What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Well, I like Guinness and I like Coffee so I figured that this would be wonderful. Two of my favorite beverages combined! How can that be a bad thing?
D9BACC23-BF78-48B8-9E05-CA2953EC1910.jpeg

Turns out two great beverages don’t make a super great beverage. It’s drinkable but I won’t be buying more.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Well, I like Guinness and I like Coffee so I figured that this would be wonderful. Two of my favorite beverages combined! How can that be a bad thing?
View attachment 1263402

Turns out two great beverages don’t make a super great beverage. It’s drinkable but I won’t be buying more.

While there are a few coffee beers that I enjoy, nearly all of them just don't do it for me for one reason or another. Usually, they are too sweet (yuck) or so dominated by coffee that I wonder why I didn't just dump a shot of cheap vodka or whiskey into a cup of coffee.

Guinness is so roasty that I shudder to think what they did to it to distinguish that product from the regular can.

I typically enjoy coffee stouts...but we are getting into the time of year where stouts find their way into my glass much less frequently.

CAC58FE1-8BC3-4C25-9467-32405D15294A.jpegDC2DE391-16FB-462B-BCD1-62355FD128FA.jpeg569448A0-6BBA-4CC3-808D-1ACB45982EB3.jpeg
^^A couple more shots from Big Top.^^ I also split a Pensacola Bushwhacker Double Milk Stout with my son. I honestly did not detect a huge difference between the two stouts (Okefenokee was the other). Both were good, though.
00D9C19A-823E-4E1C-BDE0-6679F952DC0C.jpeg
Hadn’t played indoor shuffleboard since descending into The Cave at Mount Washington Resort a handful of winters ago. I lost, which was probably a good thing on Mother’s Day.

20210516_171125.jpg

Down to the last 2 bottles of this one. A dessert beer, no doubt. Just like a Ghiardelli chocolate square with raspberry filling. Pretty thick, with a lot of sediment. Looks like someone spray painted the bottom of the bottle black.

Top Bottom