What's new

Introducing the Blackland Era - 100% stainless steel. 3D printed. $75

I hope some sellers import it to Europe as soon as it comes out, it looks perfect for me although I would have preferred the color of bare steel, but in black it is still beautiful.

The Era will only be available directly from us during the first few months. This is a soft launch rollout and there will be no wholesale during this period.

are the marketing pics on the website purposefully "dark"?

Yep.

question: is there any post-printing "finishing" done to the guard/cap?

My experience with thermoplastic 3-d printed objects is that the resultant surfaces are not perfectly smooth and had some amount "micro-texture".
Is this also applicable to steel-printed objects? Do the parts need final hand-finishing to smooth things out?

Just curious...

Me waiting for the era of Era...
era.png

I've been struggling a lot lately trying to decide what razor to upgrade to. I'm limiting myself to sub $100 and after A LOT of thought I'm fairly certain I have landed here. Looking forward to the release!

any plans to make a version that exposes the blade tabs?

Blade tabs are slightly exposed on the Era.

I've been struggling a lot lately trying to decide what razor to upgrade to. I'm limiting myself to sub $100 and after A LOT of thought I'm fairly certain I have landed here. Looking forward to the release!

I think it should absolutely be a contender and based on the finalized production samples that I just received yesterday it will blow people away. But we'll be sending some out for reviews in the next few weeks as we build into launch and then you'll know for sure whether it's hype or something worth your money.

And, yes, we're going to miss the May launch target. Tying up a couple loose ends and dealing with some secondary COVID impacts on supply chains. No big deal. We'll do it right and not rush to fit an arbitrary target.

Shouldn't be a surprise coming from me. I think blade tabs are useful and should be a part of all DE razors. We can disagree on this, but I don't see my mind changing.
Of course the tabs are useful for loading and removing the blade, technically there is no problem to use them without overhang cause the blade returns to its flat shape and just hangs in the air. Not a point of agreement, just personal point of view.

Tabs don't bother me one way or the other. It's like kicking a woman out of bed because her boobs are too small. She's a woman, damnit. Be grateful.
It's a matter of what kind of man you are... You are in bed with a woman cause you like her or just because she agreed to jump in bed with you...

The R41 and Tatara razor is an example of heads with really small functional blade tabs that is really useful, in my opinion.
Doctor doctor i don‘t sleep well. Just don’t take your worries with you to bed, the doctor said. That is the problem, me wife refuses to sleep on the sofa:)

Top Bottom