What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Wonderful under-rated soap. Love the wonderful scent and enjoy the thickly creamy slick lather...
20210515_110527.jpg

Last edited:
First time using the Case. I bought this early last year or late the previous year, along with a Simpsons travel tube, to act as my travel brush. Then the excrement hit the ventilation device and suddenly we couldn't travel anymore. So this poor little brush has been sitting, sad and unused, in my medicine cabinet since then. This morning it occurred to me that I have a new brush to break in, and into the rotation it went. I actually like the smaller size for face lathering. It makes it easier to spread the lather in tight spaces, like around my meticulously groomed mustache. Tomorrow I might finally bust out my Wee Scot!

F0CAB82F-1386-4537-9677-D8DEA08D5875.jpeg
B89B12F7-7F6E-414A-A2A9-7FB561EE4244.jpeg

I've always loved the name of that soap. "The Spice of Life." I like spicy fragrances (in case you couldn't tell from my pictures, Bay Rum is my favorite thing ever). Can you describe how it smells?
Hey, thanks for asking. I am not good to describe scents. I will try though...I bought this soap as among the 4 Catie's Bubbles soaps totally blind. The moment I open and use this Le Piment De La Vie...wow...not cologney, not citrusy, not clovey but very aromatic and very pleasant to my nose. I didn't realize it was spice...hahaha but for sure it was a nice sweet aroma. This is 1 soap I will get again for sure...I tried but failed to get anything similar. Hope this can help...
I too love bayrum soaps scents but somehow the bayrum aftershaves are way too clovey (I have Clubman VIBR and Stirling Witch-Hazel Aloe Bayrum)...

Hey, thanks for asking. I am not good to describe scents. I will try though...I bought this soap as among the 4 Catie's Bubbles soaps totally blind. The moment I open and use this Le Piment De La Vie...wow...not cologney, not citrusy, not clovey but very aromatic and very pleasant to my nose. I didn't realize it was spice...hahaha but for sure it was a nice sweet aroma. This is 1 soap I will get again for sure...I tried but failed to get anything similar. Hope this can help...
I too love bayrum soaps scents but somehow the bayrum aftershaves are way too clovey (I have Clubman VIBR and Stirling Witch-Hazel Aloe Bayrum)...
One thing I've learned as a bay rum aficionado... some bay rums are very clove heavy, and some not so much. I actually prefer the clove heavy scents. Ogallala is way too clovey for some, but it's perfect for me. I also really liked Burt's Bees Bay Rum, back when it still existed... But there are other bay rums that have very little if any clove oil. That discussion has been done to death on the forum so you could probably just search for "bay rum no clove" or something, lol.

Yes, you actually did help. Knowing that it's one you want to buy again has convinced me that I'd like to try it. Thanks!

Top Bottom