What's new

Aqua Velva Opportunity

Just letting y'all know that Walmart online has a 7 oz. bottle of Aqua Velva Ice Blue for 4.77. You can even pick it up at the store. I ordered two bottles yesterday and paid 10.41 and picked them up on my way home from work. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Just letting y'all know that Walmart online has a 7 oz. bottle of Aqua Velva Ice Blue for 4.77. You can even pick it up at the store. I ordered two bottles yesterday and paid 10.41 and picked them up on my way home from work. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I've been saying this on these forums for a while, I don't know why people go to drugstores to buy after shaves they are ridiculously overpriced and lack variety. I tell them to go to Wal-Mart for the best prices/varieties. Aqua Velva is available year round at Wal-Mart stores at that price you don't even need to order it online if you don't want to. But I prefer Skin Bracer and it's $4.53 there vs the 8 bucks or so at CVS...

As a Canadian I am blessed with the opportunity to purchase Aqua Velva Original Sport which a lot of my American friends miss out on. I get my Aqua Velva Ice Blue from Spain and as to my knowledge still uses the original formula.
Combe has claimed they have not changed anything but it feels different.

Last edited:
As a Canadian I am blessed with the opportunity to purchase Aqua Velva Original Sport which a lot of my American friends miss out on. I get my Aqua Velva Ice Blue from Spain and as to my knowledge still uses the original formula.
Combe has claimed they have not changed anything but it feels different.

Is the Aqua Velva Original Sport similar in any way to Skin Bracer or a brisk scent? I was going to order it from the Wal-Mart Canada website but they do not ship to the U.S. As for the Aqua Velva Ice Blue from Spain to me it smells the same as the U.S. version, But a lot more weaker in the potency and it also has a lot less menthol. I don't think for the price it is worth it, The only thing I like is the retro looking glass bottle.

Is the Aqua Velva Original Sport similar in any way to Skin Bracer or a brisk scent? I was going to order it from the Wal-Mart Canada website but they do not ship to the U.S. As for the Aqua Velva Ice Blue from Spain to me it smells the same as the U.S. version, But a lot more weaker in the potency and it also has a lot less menthol. I don't think for the price it is worth it, The only thing I like is the retro looking glass bottle.

Aqua Velva original is nothing like Skin Bracer and is quite low on the menthol unfortunately. The best way to describe it is mix Gillette splash with Irish Spring with a very weak menthol cooling factor. However with all things on this great forum YMMV. In the past I have sent a few bottles south of the border to a few members on here I will probably do that again sometime after this pandemic is over.

Having had 3 different iterations of the Aqua Velva Blue (US, Spain, France), my favourite's the French version. Just about enough scent to linger around through the morning but not as potent as the US version. In any case, push comes to shove, any is fine as long as you have one on hand!

That has been their normal in-store price for a long time and was the last time I bought AV a few months ago. Has it gone up in-store? It was also about the same price at Target.

Top Bottom