What's new

Stainless Steel Shaving Bowl

hello people so I grabbed these from Morrisons UK, so that's four stainless steel bowls for only £2

Nice size that fits into your hand, will give it ago when I next have a headshave anyways just thought I'd share if anyone else wants to grab one for their local Morrisons, obviously only if you're based in the UK 👍💯🔥

IMG_20210515_233302.jpg

IMG_20210515_233111.jpg
IMG_20210515_233026.jpg
IMG_20210515_153453.jpg

hello people so I grabbed these from Morrisons UK, so that's four stainless steel bowls for only £2

Nice size that fits into your hand, will give it ago when I next have a headshave anyways just thought I'd share if anyone else wants to grab one for their local Morrisons, obviously only if you're based in the UK 👍💯🔥

View attachment 1267111
View attachment 1267113View attachment 1267114View attachment 1267115
Glue some coins in the bottom. It gives the brush something to whip against when you’re making lather. I have a smooth stainless like that and I get quicker lathers from my scuttle that has ribs and projections in the bottom.

Glue some coins in the bottom. It gives the brush something to whip against when you’re making lather. I have a smooth stainless like that and I get quicker lathers from my scuttle that has ribs and projections in the bottom.
Yea I've heard coins being mentioned before, wonder what else could be used?

That's a great price for that. I think I paid a little bit more for mine but I love having the stainless steel bowl. It makes a racket when you drop it on bathroom tile but it doesn't shatter :)

After a few drops it basically pays for itself!!
Yea cracking price tbf

I was going past pets at home the other day, I popped in to grab one of those collapsible dog food bowls that a lot of wet shavers, thrg didn't have it but they had a cat feeding bowl which was copper from £5 to £2 which looked nice and was bigger then these, regret not grabbing one tbf ;/

linty1

My wallet cries.
Thats a great price and reminds me of those turkish cooper pots that are popular here. How are you liking it? It looks like you could even float it in a little warm water to get warm lather

Reactions: saj
Thats a great price and reminds me of those turkish cooper pots that are popular here. How are you liking it? It looks like you could even float it in a little warm water to get warm lather
If you want a copper lather bowl, the Captain’s Choice is what you’re looking for.

yea i was thinking exactly that to make it into like a scuttle but would should i use to put inbetween the top bowl and the bottom one? obviously hot water will be there but is there anything i could use?

If you want a copper lather bowl, the Captain’s Choice is what you’re looking for.

yea seen others mention this lather bowl, looks good :)

Great score, congrats! And the Captain's Choice Copper Lather bowl is the best of the best, IMHO.
yea not bad

i just popped in some tap water in one bowl then i popped the other one on top and it just floats on top nicely so i'll use some boiling what from the kettle when i want to next shave and fill them both up but then empty the top bown and use that to start my lathering and leave to float in the hot boiling water to create the nice and hot lather hopefully, hope what im saying is making sense lol

yea not bad

i just popped in some tap water in one bowl then i popped the other one on top and it just floats on top nicely so i'll use some boiling what from the kettle when i want to next shave and fill them both up but then empty the top bown and use that to start my lathering and leave to float in the hot boiling water to create the nice and hot lather hopefully, hope what im saying is making sense lol
Yes, it makes sense. And it sounds like a very good plan, I hope it works out for you. If it does, you'll have wonderfully warm lather!

The Captain's Choice copper foam bowl is wonderful! I have wanted my wife to give me a present for a long time, but ... for my birthday I still receive only socks, T-shirts, etc. I'm even waiting for a PIF for Europe, but in vain ... Seriously, these bowls arrive in Romania at a price of about $ 70 with transport included, which is forbidden for salaries in Eastern Europe. So, we try to improvise ...

I present to you my bowl, for the "poor". It is bought for only $ 3 from a PET SHOP, it is made of thick stainless steel, the maximum diameter of 11 cm is enough.

To keep my foam warm, I also bought a cup of cereal of the right size, which cost about $ 1, which I half fill with boiled water. Everything has been working great for about 2 years and I have hot foam for $ 3 and it is not uncomfortable at all!

Last edited:
The Captain's Choice copper foam bowl is wonderful! I have wanted my wife to give me a present for a long time, but ... for my birthday I still receive only socks, T-shirts, etc. I'm even waiting for a PIF for Europe, but in vain ... Seriously, these bowls arrive in Romania at a price of about $ 70 with transport included, which is forbidden for salaries in Eastern Europe. So, we try to improvise ...

I present to you my bowl, for the "poor". It is bought for only $ 3 from a PET SHOP, it is made of thick stainless steel, the maximum diameter of 11 cm is enough.

To keep my foam warm, I filled it with a cup of cereal of the right size, which cost about $ 1, which I half fill with boiled water.

Yea that's actually a good idea pretty much a scuttle with a handle too

do you let the boiled water settle for a bit before pouring it in if do you put it in as soon as the kettles done boiled do when it's as hot as possible?

The cereal cup is made of thick porcelain and resists boiled water very well. I boil 200ml of water with an electric cup and fill half a cup for cereal. I've been doing this for 2 years and no cup has cracked yet. the heat is transmitted quickly to the foam and keeps the foam warm long enough for a quality shave. Try it, you have nothing to lose!

Great score! :clap: :clap:

And some excellent suggestions in this thread!!
Well I thought I'd try putting the stainless steel bowl in the QShave scuttle I've got, like I said in the other thread it's got a hair line crack on it, no idea how it happened, anyways a scuttle within another scuttle, who would've thought? Lol 😂

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Good suggestion 😇

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Although I love my Captain's bowl, I will use this AESOP bowl alternately.

The AESOP bowl was highly respected around 2014-2015.
Especially the design work of Sori Yanagi makes the lines of the bowl delicate and durable; the increased thickness and stability make it difficult to tip over when the solid handle of the brush is placed. The internal brushed texture can increase the adhesion of the foam more than the polished bowl.(So there is no need to stick coins)

Although it is declared as a shaving bowl by AESOP, it is actually a series of kitchen utensils, so just search for "Sori Yanagi Cooking Bowl" to buy it at half the price, and you can find more sizes at the same time.

Its modern aesthetics also match well with distinctive razors such as Pils.
AESOP  柳宗理刮鬍碗.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom