What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Just bought this Seiko 5 today. Dial is amazing.

Attachments

• seiko 5.jpg
    seiko 5.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 36

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
First time poster, long-time lurker on this thread. Today is a Vostok Amphibia (120813) -- arrived yesterday. Rough timing estimates show it running at least 40 seconds fast per day. Not the end of the world (I prefer fast to slow watches), and I'm itching to try my hand at regulating a watch.
proxy.php

I've had this watch since the mid to late 80s when I worked in NYC. The chip came from a jeweler who wanted my crystal as I heard him banging it out, I walked into the back and saw him doing it!
I will never forget the emotions I felt and then the anger.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Old Doxa Grafic today. I like the “date on 11” but it’s not quickset so it’s usually wrong. I’m not well enough organized to use it on the right date.

View attachment 1266414
I once had one of those in gold. Wish I had never sold it.

Quick way around the lack of quickset:

1. Advance the hands just far enough past twelve to advance the date. Don't advance beyond that.
  2. Back the hands past about 8 or 9 o'clock.
  3. Advance the hands to advance the date again.
  4. Repeat as often as needed.
Tedious, I admit, but a lot faster than endlessly twisting the crown.

I was going to put on the Seiko BFK today but went with one of my dad's old daily beaters. No idea of this Sekonda's age, he's been gone since 2000 and was wearing it many years before that. It keeps good time, manual wind with a very faded gold time stretch band. O think you can still pick these up new for around £20 or £25.

IMG_20210516_122113989_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom