What's new

if you had to choose one de blade for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

I recently worked my way, carefully, methodically, through a sample pack of blades. This was after my previous favorite was discontinued.

It took a month or two to complete. At this point, Nacet is the clear winner. It's not even really close.

ASTRAP
Croma Diamant
Crystal-SS
GREEN7OC
YELLOW7OC
GILLETTE-NACET-5
SILVERBLUE-GILLETTE
PLATINUM-GILLETTE
Lord-SS
PERSONNA-BLUE-5
PERSONNA-BLUE-5
KAI
KAI
RUBIE-GILLETTE
SHARKSS
WILKINSON-CLASSIC
RAPIRA-SUPERSTEEL
RAPIRA-SUPER-STAINLESS-10
TOPAZ-PLATINUM-10
TIGER Platinum-5
nice to see a solid list of blades there, even though i got a sampler pack before that i got 200 nacets just purely on the fact of the praises ive heard about them on forums etc and i didnt regret it lucikly as theyre an awesome de blade

dont think ive heard of croma diamant or crystal tbh

where did you get your sampler pack from?

Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp (green) from India. A little hard to find in the US and also a little expensive here. But I think they are great.

Eric
interesting that its a lot of the gillettes that are getting mentioned in the thread,
wonder if all these gillettes are manufactured in the same place?

Because it is smooth and can cut clean.
Because it is cheap
Because it is easy for any Turk to get. You can find them in local stores.

PERMA.jpg

Supermax blue diamond titanium
Personna platinum
Personna lab blue
Supermax blue diamond platinum

But if i have to pick just one,i would say:
Supermax blue diamond titanium
nice to see supermax being mentioned, dont think i seen it earlier in the thread

I'm not sure if it stands for anything. I believe it's just the brand of the blade manufactured by Samah. Sharp is another brand of blades put out by Samah, but I believe some people have suggested the Sharp Titanium blades are different from the LOI Titanium blades.
any pics? cant recall if ive seen it before a pic might jog my memory lol

They are a great balance between sharp & smooth. They also work really well in almost every razor I've used them with.

Edit: oops, didn't realise it wasn't in your quote, I mean the Gillette Silver Blues.
yea i meant the GSB :)

will have to try them

any pics? cant recall if ive seen it before a pic might jog my memory lol
Here's a link to Durablade's site. (I don't remember the relationship between Durablade and Samah.) These blades can be found for about $10 for a pack of 100 blades on Amazon and elsewhere.

Here's a link to Durablade's site. (I don't remember the relationship between Durablade and Samah.) These blades can be found for about $10 for a pack of 100 blades on Amazon and elsewhere.
Thanks

Have they been around for a while these de blades?

Don't think it's in my sampler pack tbh 😭😭😭

unless of course you can spot it in the picture above I posted? Lol 😂

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
nice to see a solid list of blades there, even though i got a sampler pack before that i got 200 nacets just purely on the fact of the praises ive heard about them on forums etc and i didnt regret it lucikly as theyre an awesome de blade

dont think ive heard of croma diamant or crystal tbh

where did you get your sampler pack from?
Maggard

interesting that its a lot of the gillettes that are getting mentioned in the thread,
wonder if all these gillettes are manufactured in the same place?
I think most of the Gillette blades are made in Russia. Although I think the Russian Gillette's are very good, the blades I mentioned are made in India.

Eric

Top Bottom