What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

We started watching Thunder Force with Melissa McCarthy, a supposed comedy on Netflix. Along with Spy, this is the second movie with Melissa McCarthy that we have abandoned long before the final curtain. There cannot be many who are seemingly successful in the movie industry, with a worse body of work than this so called actress, absolutely appalling.
She was charming and funny as a semi-regular on Gilmore Girls 20 years ago. She seems to be a good comedienne. But making her into the focus of an entire 2-hour film, well, not many actresses can carry that off. You've got to have a good script for that, a good director, and a solid supporting cast. From what I gather, Melissa has none of those things in her vehicles.

Legion

Staff member
I was the same, I preferred Dredd to the original, but kept thinking "Hmmm...this is just like The Raid but not as good". It was the same when my wife got me to watch The Hunger Games, the whole way through I kept thinking "Hmmm...this is a shockingly bad version of Battle Royale"
Nailed it on both counts.

The Day of the Triffids for free on Tubi. I have netflix and the wife has Hula, but I find that I'm watching Tubi much more than either.

I finished reading the book earlier today. This movie scared the crap out of me as a kid. The movie doesn't follow the book much at all and is a poor substitute.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
“The Lincoln Lawyer” streaming on US Amazon Prime. Better than the book because of Matthew McConaughey. BTW, his book “Greenlights” is also very enjoyable, and made me appreciate him as a man.

From Hell It Came (1957)

Truly a bad movie. Just like my wife and I like.

After I saw this post I had to watch it with the wife for free on Tubi. Yup, a bad movie that you can't help but like. I especially liked the multiple uses of a Kookaburra sound even though it's supposed to be Polynesia, terrible native portrayal, and the "crack shot" closing his eyes and flinching every time he fires his M1 carbine.

"The Giant Claw" started up afterwards so we started watching it before I had to go to bed. I actually had that on VHS as a kid. We'll finish it tonight.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
After I saw this post I had to watch it with the wife for free on Tubi. Yup, a bad movie that you can't help but like. I especially liked the multiple uses of a Kookaburra sound even though it's supposed to be Polynesia, terrible native portrayal, and the "crack shot" closing his eyes and flinching every time he fires his M1 carbine.

"The Giant Claw" started up afterwards so we started watching it before I had to go to bed. I actually had that on VHS as a kid. We'll finish it tonight.
I'd say you're about ready for "The Crawling Eye" or "The Green Slime."

I'd say you're about ready for "The Crawling Eye" or "The Green Slime."

Yeah. I actually have full movie mp4 files of those two. That’s some classic entertainment right there. If @borwish hasn’t watched them he should.

proxy.php

Top Bottom