What's new

beards and face masks

hey people so I was wondering what do you use as a face mask, with your beards to avoid kinks and indentations etc?

I've been using a neck gaiter and bandanas but neither are great tbh,
I just came across this vid by Mufti Menk and his face mask hack us pretty good tbf, I just ordered 50 black ply masks and i will be using his hack, so yea hoping it works out well

I just shaved off my winter beard. However, I always used just a regular face mask whether I had a beard or not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Had to shave it off.....no mask will cover you well with any facial hair.... well around the sealing surface.
Yea I hear you, some people seem to be making home made masks from what I've se n on YouTube and using taking the top wire which goes on the nose out of disposable face masks and putting it into their home made ones, not used one personally though

Ummm. This is a shaving forum. I tried to grow a beard once for a few days. Couldn't stand it.
Yea but there's other parts of your body that many people shave like my head for example lol 🤷

When you say you couldn't stand it mate, what was annoying or irritating you exactly?

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you

You regret it?
[/QUOTE]
No, I have had all kinds of facial hair over the years. I have had long beards, goatees handlebar mo’s and currently have a pencil moustache. They come they go.

Reactions: saj
You regret it?
No, I have had all kinds of facial hair over the years. I have had long beards, goatees handlebar mo’s and currently have a pencil moustache. They come they go.
[/QUOTE]
true say especially if you have fast hair growth

saying that growing a big beard takes time, determination and a lot of patience tbh

I work in retail and have seen all different types of face masks and facial hair, since this has started. Since I do not want to make this political I will censor my response: "*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************"
Bottom line it is your person choice and risk.

Yea iv e got loads of those but how do you tie yours?

Thing is they're quite large so doesn't it get too bulky for you, if you know what I mean?
I know what you mean.

I don't know the name for it, but I wear mine like a bank robber would:
Folded in half diagonally, then tied around my nose with the 'point' of the triangle aimed down. I use a tight knot in the back so it's not bulky, and the excess fabric gets thinned out to the sides.

• Haha
I know what you mean.

I don't know the name for it, but I wear mine like a bank robber would:
Folded in half diagonally, then tied around my nose with the 'point' of the triangle aimed down. I use a tight knot in the back so it's not bulky, and the excess fabric gets thinned out to the sides.
lol @ bank robber 😅

have you seen the shemagh styles on youtube?

some sick ones

i've always wanted to wear it as a turban style, looks cool

my cousin can do it but im useless with wearing them in stylish ways apart from the basic ways that is lol

lol @ bank robber 😅

have you seen the shemagh styles on youtube?

some sick ones

i've always wanted to wear it as a turban style, looks cool

my cousin can do it but im useless with wearing them in stylish ways apart from the basic ways that is lol
Yeah, we had a ton of different ways to wear them in the military. A lot of guys liked the 'ninja style' because it kept everything hidden (sunglasses covered our eyes, so there was no skin exposed). They can also be used as a sack to carry things, as an emergency First Aid item, or just a neat table cloth.

An acquaintance of mine had a hard time dealing with the whole mask thing back in the beginning and his wife, being a seamstress made him some beard masks. well it spread like the virus and she was on fb making mad cash, it is open around the beard so it acts kinda like a filter yah?

20210512_000629.jpg

20210512_000637.jpg

Yeah, we had a ton of different ways to wear them in the military. A lot of guys liked the 'ninja style' because it kept everything hidden (sunglasses covered our eyes, so there was no skin exposed). They can also be used as a sack to carry things, as an emergency First Aid item, or just a neat table cloth.
yea theyre very practical and good too

what about the afghani patu, you got one of those?

basically tis like a big blanket that the afghani men wear to cover themselves and like the shemagh is serves as multipurpose like a blanket, a sack etc etc

i really want to get an afghani patu but need to find somewhere that sell them for decent prices locally

An acquaintance of mine had a hard time dealing with the whole mask thing back in the beginning and his wife, being a seamstress made him some beard masks. well it spread like the virus and she was on fb making mad cash, it is open around the beard so it acts kinda like a filter yah?

View attachment 1265295

View attachment 1265296
that looks good mate

yea loads of people seem to be selling these larger beard masks from like £7 onwards he on ebay uk when i last looked

Yea but there's other parts of your body that many people shave like my head for example lol 🤷

When you say you couldn't stand it mate, what was annoying or irritating you exactly?
Mostly the itching. I know, it goes away eventually but I didn't feel like it was worth it to gut that stage out. Also my beard was pretty gray even before my head was so it made me look a lot older. I'm vain enough to shave but not vain enough to dye my hair/beard.

Top Bottom