What's new

How many aftershaves do you own?

Very nice den!! Why did you decide to decant the Avons? Those look interesting, wish they were still made. Also, those "salad dressing" or oil decanters - are the capless ones airtight when not in use?

Very nice den!! Why did you decide to decant the Avons? Those look interesting, wish they were still made. Also, those "salad dressing" or oil decanters - are the capless ones airtight when not in use?

Mostly, I didn't have room to keep a parking lot full of garish looking 1930's cars out on the counter... I have rubber caps that go over the dispenser tips, but I am lazy about using them.

I'd guess around fifty or so? I usually buy the matching splash when I buy a soap, but that is not always an option. I have a few unmatched splashes (Floid, Clubman, Chatillon Lux, etc.) and a few balms. I've got enough to keep me going for a while.

Mostly, I didn't have room to keep a parking lot full of garish looking 1930's cars out on the counter...

Here’s what I mean. This is without even opening the “cars” box. These were all no more than 2 or 3 bucks, most were new in the box.

674D3F2D-6273-4C52-9233-D235DD3CF02C.jpeg

Wouldn’t my wive love it if I kept this guy on display? Or the giant DE Razor?

F90BEEB4-1E1F-4748-B9FC-FCDF177068BB.jpeg

Here’s what I mean. This is without even opening the “cars” box. These were all no more than 2 or 3 bucks, most were new in the box.

View attachment 1263456

Wouldn’t my wive love it if I kept this guy on display? Or the giant DE Razor?

View attachment 1263457
Oh, it totally makes sense now. My laughing face "like" to your earlier response was in reference to your comment about not having room for a "parking lot" in the bathroom, haha! Most people seem to decant stuff only to get it out of stinky plastic, and I doubted the Avons came in plastic originally. I didn't expect those outlandish novelty bottles! It's almost as if they were designed to be as breakable and awkward (in terms of taking up space) as possible - that razor-shaped one really takes the cake. No wonder they were available so cheaply, and apparently unused. So the aftershave liquids themselves are all intact and usable, apparently? The liberty bell one must be from the bicentennial, so if so, that's some great longevity.

I have seen nothing like those to date. Impressive indeed, haha! Yeah, the pipe-shaped guy could give your wife the heebie-jeebies. Thanks for sharing.

I didn't expect those outlandish novelty bottles! It's almost as if they were designed to be as breakable and awkward (in terms of taking up space) as possible - that razor-shaped one really takes the cake. No wonder they were available so cheaply, and apparently unused. So the aftershave liquids themselves are all intact and usable, apparently? The liberty bell one must be from the bicentennial, so if so, that's some great longevity.

The scents have held up for strength, maybe style less so, some are too floral for my taste. Spicy is a good Old Spice clone, Tai Winds is pretty good too. I see these pretty often at garage sales. Theres a whole thread of peoples finds here.

Are we counting multiples of the same aftershave?

If not, then...
1. Brut
2. Tabac
3. Clubman Osage Rub
4. Master's Bay Rum
5. Gillette Cool Wave
6. Adidas Pulse
7. Old Spice
8. Stetson Cooling Moisture

Plus two balms, one from Bromley's and one from Duke Cannon.

4, I worked thru some PAA sample. I have some Stirling samples. Stirling gives you a good amount in their samples. There small bottles. Currently working thru some Saponificio Varesino samples.

At 57 I never bothered with AS stuff for allergy reasons ? But trying a few recently as getting into This DE shaving thing

so what do I own Two Fine the American and the platinum some old spice and some proraso green balm if that counts ? And some Cella that I really like not only in smell but how it goes on and post feel not to dry not to oily
I did buy some sterling samples
Want to try some pinaud and some floid

I say I like old spice and classic barber scents whatever that means :) and bay rum style scents that often to me are close to barber scents in a way
I am OK with the idea of smelling like someone that gets a super old classic scent from the barber or the corner store from old days

I like nostalgia idea of all this more than modern trendy :)

Top Bottom