What's new

Hot dogs anyone?

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I haven’t eaten a hot dog in years but I can still remember the hot dogs that I would get as a kid when I went to the football at Millwall in London in the late 1960s. Thinking of them now I can still recall the taste.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Rusty:
plus-one-png.797576
...and in keeping germain to your post...Hebrew National ¾lb Jumbo Franks (they are 'da bomb'), is a Kosher option for your dogs (can't get these 'big-dogs' locally around here, but they're in our Commissary on Post [Fort Polk]). :drool:
proxy.php

The Mrs. and I like ours with sautéed onions, different 'topshelf' relishes / mustard's, slaw (maybe a little sauerkraut), and banana peppers, but nix on ketchup. :thumbsup:

However...the Mrs. 'needs' ketchup on hers. :lol1:

proxy.php
"The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it". Lawrence J. Peter
I’ve been waiting decades for this moment.

I like the old Fashion Ambassador hotdogs roasted on a campfire. ketchup, mustard and onions. A cold beer and Pringles. A staple of summer at our house.

I eat carnivore or only meat :)
but hot dogs are my treat once in a while not the best thing for you but really much better than so much other junk IMHO
so no buns when I eat them might wrap in cheese and put on mustard

Redandos Hawaiian reds :)

The other day I had a Wienerschnitzel chili dog. I don't know what they put in that thing (maybe some crack? 😉), but for the next couple days after that I kept craving another one.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Nothing like a chili dog or a slaw dog from the Varsity in Athens, GA. Add onion rings and an FO...yum!
Pre-shutdown I traveled the world for a living. Always sought out the notable burgers and dogs in any given location. Varsity Dog is quite high in the list. Not the best, but certainly a worthy contender. Whenever I hit the Atlanta area, it’s a stop we try to make. One time we did an event out in Austell, GA near Six Flags, and had the big Varsity food truck cater one of the lunches. Good stuff.

Gotta share with you folks... I followed up my post from a few weeks ago with a trip to Costco. Had their dog with mustard there. I do miss the double kraut pre CV. Sure, it's a steamed dog... and... bun. But the taste, the size, the overall experience of Kirkland quality, garlic... buck fifty... WITH a bottomless pop... man o man... this was delicious! Think about the same, and no refills at the ball park or stadium, less quality, for the most part, bookoo bucks.. Costco's dog and pop are a true wonder for aficionados in this day and age, or any, as a matter of fact. Kudos Costco!

Top Bottom