What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (D4)
Brush: Custom Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap : Tabac Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + BRUT AS Lotion
Rating : 9.75/10 :pipe:

A close, comfortable BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Holiday Monday in the UK. I was in a shavette mood this morning.

Dovo Shavette, black insert (65mm), Tondeo TSS3 blade
Zenith 506 black horse brush
Tabac bowl
"Denim" aftershave

The TSS3 is lasting well - I think that's shave number 7, and no tugging yet. I'll probably change it for next time, just to see if there was a difference.

Looks like I'm following a trend with Tabac today. I'd been going through a collection of soaps and it was more than a month since I last used it. I'd forgotten how good it was. I'm sure I could see the brush grinning at me - when I could find it. I should probably get the aftershave too, but Denim is a good enough fit.

Turned out to be something of a reference shave this morning. I suppose that's what a "10" feels like now.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 3rd April 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond (courtesy of @Boycie83 )
Post Shave ASL: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Balm: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

A great shave, but seemed to take a little more effort than normal with this new blade, perhaps this is me detecting its not as sharp as other blades, still ended up with a BBS:)

Still abosoultey adore the P&B Imperial Rum, the balm especially is next level, and I love the burn it gives along with the soothing :)

Have a good bank holiday all.

Joe

482502C9-F0C4-47BB-89E2-6BA58BFF3921.jpeg

C763D6F9-E363-419E-B9C8-5C4C7CF41244.jpeg

Razor: Super Speed
Blade: Nacet (3)
Soap: Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush: Omega 10066
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Nice quick shave. I’m continuing to go through my Stirling samples. Iced Pineapple smells great, but was much colder than I was expecting. Might keep that on the back burner till it’s properly hot out. DFS+

9/10

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (11)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise
Aftershave: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise
Rating: 10/10 - It sure feels like summer is here - going to be 90+ degrees today. Calls for Savannah Sunrise!

03 May 2021
20210503_061822.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S √
Van der Hagen
Cream Of The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia – Italy
Old Spice Original –India √ Using rain water
Old Spice Musk – India
Proraso Green –Italy
Brushes For The Shave:
Omega 11126 -- Prep with Old Spice Bar soap
Gray Dog-- Today’s shave
Blade For The Shave:
Derby Premium Azmusebat (from Turkey) 7th and out
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum rub downs.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Rating:
9.0 CCS A dulling blade yielded an acceptable shave. I had moderate stubble—buffed off, one nick, and one weeper. Will start a Voskhod blade tomorrow. Off to have my truck inspected, get a new validation sticker, visit the eye doctor, and then pay a social call on our 'grand puppy'.

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Kai Protouch MG
Soap/Cream: Arianna & Evans Barbiere Sophisticato
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Semogue 1305 Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Alum Stick, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Stirling Executive Man
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Nice Mindless Shave.

1620047181635.jpeg

Brush: Chisel & Hound / 26mm V9 Fanchurian
Soap: Ariana & Evans - Kaizen
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional

9/10: Very nice second outing with the Hawk today. I would personally like a little more efficiency, so hopefully the OC plate works for me when it arrives. The original Kaizen scent was awfully good.

Razor: RR German 37 Slant
Blade: FRESH Tradition (2)
Brush: Larry's Synthetic, 28mm
Bowl :potter's House (Local)

Soap: Portus Cale, Citrus, Cedar & Amber

Red Cedar aftershave splash

Three good passes to a close, smooth finish.
No nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

It's pretty rare that I get four full, comfortable shaves out of a DE blade. Could the Kai manage?

View attachment 1261314

Yes! I had even closer results (something like a BBS- in most areas) than the last three shaves with this razor, although my skin also felt a little more "scraped dry."

I am really digging the Razorock German 37 slant these days. There is plenty of blade feel without any harshness. It's a very efficient razor without feeling aggressive. ATG passes on the neck in difficult directions are a breeze with this razor, unlike everything else in my den.

It's pairing very well with this Kai blade currently. I hope other blades will work just as well, because these are pretty expensive--about $0.60 each even buying them in bulk, 100 at a time.

However, if I can get a 5th or even a 6th shave out of one of these, that would help balance it out. The Kai blades also have the happy feature of entirely lacking any wax or glue. It's the little things...

Rating: 8.9/10
Had to smile. I too think the KAI and Feather blades balance out the costs with the 2 or 3 extra shaves you get. Normally 3 shaves are the most I get from a blade and occasionally 4 shaves. I get 5 or 6 from KAI and Feather blades. That's doing three pass shaves and maybe some touch-ups.
Thanks for the good post.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Monday shave, two-pass, with some clean-up, 9++/10, no mishaps. A bit rushed since I have a brunch upcoming, but I guess my mind was on that, so I ended up with one of those great, mindless shaves:

Pre-shave: shower with Ivory Soap
Razor: Occam's OREN- two-dot head
Blade: Feather AC Pro (7)- just left the blade in again, worked better than expected because of the great lather today.
Brush: Semogue SOC boar
Soap: Canada Shave Soap- no sure why, but this was my best lathering yet with this soap- simply great, with some left over.
PXL_20210503_133254173.jpg

Post-shave: cold rinse, Proraso Green AS splash, love the eucalyptus and menthol feel

Stay safe, and have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, May 3rd, 2021

Razor: GEM Micromatic clog Pruf(Peerless model 17nib S.B)- MFG 1945, excellent mid range, I get great shaves with this razor, easy to manipulate around the face.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Speick- triple milled, very nice mild spicy scent, great lather qualities + great post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar brush, it shed hairs at first and still gives up 1 or 2 hairs once in a while but it is my best feeling boar brush of my 2, a joy to use with a great break in procedure I used.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Micromatic clog Pruf (Peerless, 17 nib S.B) with a coated Gem blade.

MMMonday, May3 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom