What's new

Pearl Flexi v2 brass cnc milled adjustable razor is out!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1619961466860.png

Just a minute ago Maggard had 16 in stock. This is the V4.

Ask me how I know they had 16.

BOSC.2.EnablersOf shaving science.jpg

I have to say I'm 100% sold on my beautiful, gold plated, all brass, great shaving on setting #5, Gillette Executive as being the best adjustable razor on the planet and the only adjustable I will ever need. I really was reading this thread just for fun.

I'm not interested in the blades or the soap samples or the little synthetic brush and am assuming Maggard includes none of them.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Can you post pictures of the razor apart. Or explain how you took the razor to pieces. I want to be able to do the same. Was the seal hard to break?

Mh, I got the replacement Flexi from the second batch and have no misalignments or anything to complain about. It just gave me with two passes a nearly BBS-shave without any nicks. For me and my sensitive skin seems that to be the RAD-healing razor. I also 'repaired' (put in a much stronger spring, 10 mm stainless steel, no more bad-gap-issue) into the razor from the first batch, as was suggested by somebody (don't know wether here or in another forum) and gave it to my son. he is really impressed from the shave with the first batch razor. ('best I ever had').

Can you post pictures of the razor apart. Or explain how you took the razor to pieces. I want to be able to do the same. Was the seal hard to break?
It really is a fine adjustable razor. If it was the first razor I ever bought, I might have stopped buying then and there.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
It really is a fine adjustable razor. If it was the first razor I ever bought, I might have stopped buying then and there.
Given you’re an adjustable fan and own both, regardless of price, do you prefer the Rex Ambassador or the Pearl Flexi? Asking because the Rex is on my rabbit hole short list, but now there is the Flexi to consider.

How does the Pearl stack up against the Taiga? I have the Taiga and like it a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Taiga is smoother overall than the Pearl with less blade feel at higher settings - but only slightly. Comparing the costs of the two I’m okay with these differences. IMHO, the Pearl is way smoother and significantly less blade feel than the Rex (if you are interested in knowing - I sold my Rex because it felt uncomfortable to me above 2). I bought the Pearl as an affordable travel assistanc adjustable option and plan on keeping it. I’m definitely not traveling with my Taiga [emoji1360]

Just my 2 cents.

Josh

The Taiga is smoother overall than the Pearl with less blade feel at higher settings - but only slightly. Comparing the costs of the two I’m okay with these differences. IMHO, the Pearl is way smoother and significantly less blade feel than the Rex (if you are interested in knowing - I sold my Rex because it felt uncomfortable to me above 2). I bought the Pearl as an affordable travel assistanc adjustable option and plan on keeping it. I’m definitely not traveling with my Taiga [emoji1360]

Just my 2 cents.

Josh

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. I just ordered one too as my travel razor.

Given you’re an adjustable fan and own both, regardless of price, do you prefer the Rex Ambassador or the Pearl Flexi? Asking because the Rex is on my rabbit hole short list, but now there is the Flexi to consider.
The Rex is my favorite razor. Premium fit and finish, great balance and amazing knurling, but at a premium price. The fit and finish on the Flexi is very good and the shave is excellent. I find my hand reaching for it most of the time! So if you want a great adjustable with a premium fit and finish, buy the Rex. But if you want a razor that’s very well made and shaves just as good (smoother but a tad less efficient) grab the Flexi for a third the price (and a stand for free)!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1620156184142.png

Could someone who knows talk about how you put this back together (and why it was taken apart)?

Does it come with instructions?

Mine's on the way, but I'm curious.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 1262025

Could someone who knows talk about how you put this back together (and why it was taken apart)?

Does it come with instructions?

Mine's on the way, but I'm curious.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim
Hi, Jim,

This is how the razor opens up for blade loading. You unscrew the knurled tail cap until the blade cap won't go up anymore, then turn the razor upside down and allow the head to slide out. Place your blade over the center post and lower it until it slides over the side bars. Slide the center post into the hole in the base plate and guide the body of the razor downward, then begin turning the tail cap until snug.

This may make more sense with the razor in-hand.

As far as further disassembly, it is possible, but I haven't been that daring yet.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hi, Jim,

This is how the razor opens up for blade loading. You unscrew the knurled tail cap until the blade cap won't go up anymore, then turn the razor upside down and allow the head to slide out. Place your blade over the center post and lower it until it slides over the side bars. Slide the center post into the hole in the base plate and guide the body of the razor downward, then begin turning the tail cap until snug.

This may make more sense with the razor in-hand.

As far as further disassembly, it is possible, but I haven't been that daring yet.

Ah, thank you very much. I'm sure it will be pretty obvious when I have the razor in hand, but I think I have the general idea.

Interesting design instead of a TTO or such.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom