What's new

What's for lunch.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Have you tried Japanese mayo? I used to love Duke's, but Kewpie (or pretty much any Japanese brand) blows American mayo straight out of the water. So much more flavorful.
Kewpie is just right on certain things, especially banh mi, but I prefer Duke's on a BLT. Best is home made, and with an immersion blender it is about a thirty second job.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
After I finished my workout this morning I went into the kitchen and my breakfast was cooked and waiting for me and my lunch for work was packed. Hmmm??

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Hear, hear! It's too easy to do at home.

Hellman's had a strange, artificial tang. Dukes and Kewpie are too sweet.
What's your recipe? Mine is two yolks, a heaping teaspoon of Dijon (Maille or Fallot) a hearty pinch of salt, juice of a tart lemon (no Meyer lemons), and a cup of peanut oil. If there is turkey around I'll toss in a chipotle with plenty of adobo for turkey sandwiches.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
What's your recipe? Mine is two yolks, a heaping teaspoon of Dijon (Maille or Fallot) a hearty pinch of salt, juice of a tart lemon (no Meyer lemons), and a cup of peanut oil. If there is turkey around I'll toss in a chipotle with plenty of adobo for turkey sandwiches.

That's pretty much what I do. I don't typically use all the juice from the lemon (but I might--depends on the lemon), and I itsy olive oil.

I often add a little garlic.

Red Chile enchiladas at Cerritos in Roswell, NM.
8E41329B-917B-439A-ACFB-D8C037D7D0D2.jpeg

Today my wife went on a food run while I hiked a 3 mile trail with our 15 year old. When we returned there was Poke’ bowls waiting! Mine was spicy salmon, sesame tuna, Lomi Lomi salmon, Mac salad on top of 50/50 white and black rice. I couldn’t finish the rice.

AC3C609B-5A32-4732-8CBF-96C74CE4DE32.jpeg

Open faced sandwiches on toasted whole rye bread. Dill mayonnaise with hard boiled egg and goat cheese with cucumber and avocado. A little side salad and that’s lunch.
575391E2-0B8B-4702-8469-F4E6B8BA63CB.jpeg

martym

I’ve been wanting to try their new Caesar salad. I think it’s lemon kale. Looks good on the television.
Are you coming to Texas? We have to wait a few days before we can get into the ranch. We got lots and lots of rain.

martym

Everything homemade and/home cooked
Fajitas
Rice
Burger patties
Shrimp on the pit
Poco de gallo
Guacamole

Top Bottom