Not open for further replies.
25052101-D2F3-46F5-B51C-01C0C32FDFDC.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: H3 Slim first use
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super 1st use
Brush: Epsilon 26mm Synth
Cream: Romanian D‘amaris, a gift from @alin
Result: DFS but 5 weepers

Hi, I’m back after 2 months of fixed setups. Today’s shave was a classic case of too many changes at once. I eagerly wanted try out my new Slim and the D‘amaris cream. At 5 there is deceptively low bladefeel compared to say a Merkur Progress so I cranked it up to 7. The Synth brush was one of my very first ones and I never really got it to work - today was no exception -so my lather was rather thin. D‘amaris has a nice fresh soapy scent like many German drugstore creams (Nivea, Balea) and added to this a bit of citric notes. Next time I will use a badger or boar to make it really shine. I worked rather carelessly with the Slim and earned my weepers therefore honestly :c9:
After a month of La Toja AS the Epsilon Blue gave me a tremendous menthol blast which I liked nevertheless.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Pears Bar Soap (melted into Old Spice Mug)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Aaaaaah. My good old days as a teenager started wet shaving using Pears as a shaving soap, a shaving brush and a cartridge razor.

proxy.php

Saturday
proxy.php

proxy.php

New product day!
Pre- cold water and Nivea face wash
Brush- Thater synthetic (new)
Soap- A&E Asian Pear (new)
Razor- Timeless Bronze
Blade- Gillette platinum
Post- Thayers, A&E AS (new) then Nivea post balm

Loved the soap & AS! Great lather and the scent was perfect for spring!

The brush was fantastic! Made lather very easily and didn’t hog it at all. This is my second synthetic and I was very impressed with the performance!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SP (3)
Brush: Semogue 1520 Boar, 21mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Cream; Palmolive Classica, red

Epsilon Amber After Shave splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

After cleaning up my ABC Empire I decided to dip the scuttle I picked up in an antique store a few years ago.
Boiled water, tablespoon each of salt and baking soda in a steel bowl lined with aluminum foil.
Light scrub with a toothbrush and there's a beautiful shine with some patina left.
Thought it worthy of being slipped right back into rotation...today.
View attachment 1260367

View attachment 1260368
Very nice. Thanks.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Pears Bar Soap (melted into Old Spice Mug)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Aaaaaah. My good old days as a teenager started wet shaving using Pears as a shaving soap, a shaving brush and a cartridge razor.

proxy.php
I use Pear's to wash my face with every day. I've never used it as a shave soap. I like the light scent of it a lot.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, May1st 2021

Razor: Gillette old type with a tech fat handle, Mfg 1920's, This razor always humbles myself because the previous owner's did not have much because the handle was held squeezing the connection on a round ball handle with paper jammed in there to help give the operator some hope of a shave. As can been seen used a lot and yet the bottom is like new. Bought in a _bay razor lot.
Blade: Gillette Astra SS (2) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender :001_wub: nice bold lavender scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gillette old type with a Astra SS blade.
DE SOTD, May1st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

May 1, 2021

Went vintage today for the first time in what feels like a long time. Got a very comfortable 2 pass DFS from my English Gillette #77 Raised Flat Bottom. Also used the Captain’s Choice Italia Aftershave again today. As advertised it is a short burst of sweet almond that fades quickly. I actually really like the scent strength and short lifespan, it basically lets me then use any fragrance I want for the day.

Brush: Simpson Chubby 3 Super
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Colonia
Lather: Bowl lather with Captain’s Choice Ceramic
Razor: Gillette #77 Raised Flat Bottom New (Importée d’Angleterre)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (86)
883CCDA2-DE0B-4AA7-BABB-A508D49527EF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom