What's new

The Ammo Shortage

At least I have a decent supply of pellets, but at times those are getting hard to find. It seems as though wal mart hardly has them any longer, so it's on line. I went in a Gander Outdoors and Academy a couple of weeks ago and not much there either.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Well Target Sports USA sent an alert that they had SK Long Range Match in stock for only....$189.99/brick. On the list they go! At least Midway USA and CTD have some more company now 👿

I noticed that Prepper Gun Shop today advertised 1,000 rd case of TulAmmo steel case 9mm 115gr FMJ for $498.00 which of course is a shade under .50cpr

While high, it's the lowest price I've seen on 9mm ammo in a while.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I went to the Premier Gun Show last weekend. I have noticed ammo prices coming down a bit at the reputable tables.

I noticed that Prepper Gun Shop today advertised 1,000 rd case of TulAmmo steel case 9mm 115gr FMJ for $498.00 which of course is a shade under .50cpr

While high, it's the lowest price I've seen on 9mm ammo in a while.

Hopefully, these show a positive trending down for near future ammo prices. :)

Yup. Prices are dropping. Last week, unpopular brands of 9mm were and have been around 59 cents per round.

This morning I saw Fiocchi at 51 cents per round. It didn’t last long, but it seems to be moving in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I am waiting for it to get just a bit cheaper and then I will snatch a 1000 round brick. I saw one for $145 but I think it will still come down.

If SK Standard Plus comes back down to, say, $600.00/ case (It was $525.00 in the salad days) I'll grab 2!

Buddy who lives near the Columbia SC PSA store tells me he was in there yesterday and there's a bit more ammo than the usual empty shelves and one small pallet. Price on FMJ (brass case) 9mm is $35 a box limit 1. He said the supply of that ammo was "plentiful" meaning "people aren't buying it like there's no tomorrow". Of course they can't not when you can purchase only one box a day.

These small price corrections here and there may be a signal that folks are only going to pay so much for ammo (I hope so!). I does NOT mean the ammo shortage is over. Not by a long shot.

One the home front this morning I purchased a 20-rd box of Winchester 9mm "USA Ready" 124gr JHP +P for 20.99 + Tax. Limit 1 but it looked like there was about 150-200 boxes on the shelf. No worries...it'll be sold out by this afternoon.

About $1 per round on self-defense ammo is not horrible and in fact has been about the norm for some time.

ETA the slightly lower online prices for some cases of ammo is for TulAmmo steel-cased Russian stuff. Brass cased US-made ammo is as expensive as ever.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
ETA the slightly lower online prices for some cases of ammo is for TulAmmo steel-cased Russian stuff. Brass cased US-made ammo is as expensive as ever.

I have shot 50 rounds of TulAmmo in my Glock 43, I did not have any issues with it. I would buy it again if the price was right. I don't reload so the brass is not important to me.

Great news that the steel case ammo runs in your Glock 43. It can be a bit dirty and steel is obviously harder than brass so paying attention that your extractor does not get chipped on it is a good thing.

Having said all that, the savings between in stock steel ammo and in stock brass ammo is such that if your are buying in any quantity at all, the savings would likely pay for "extra" cleaning materials and even an extractor or two on the off chance it were to be damaged as Glock 43 extractors run 20-25 ish shipped all day long.

The clowns at Palmetto have this "great" sale: 9mm Brazer Brass 50rds for $35 down from $50......

I was miffed yesterday with some JHP +p for 35....I think there are 20 or 25 (hope NOT half empty), the ones that used to be $18.
Academy also hade white box 9mm, the kind that will never expand.

Top Bottom