What's new

Myrsol mania!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve got antisol. I like it ok. Not great. But good face feel. I sniff tested the entire line back in the before times in a brick and mortar store and wasn’t in love with any of them really especially at the price point. Lemon I found particularly bad.

I’ve got antisol. I like it ok. Not great. But good face feel. I sniff tested the entire line back in the before times in a brick and mortar store and wasn’t in love with any of them really especially at the price point. Lemon I found particularly bad.
I recently bought a bottle of the lemon and am going back and forth on whether I like it or whether it's heading to the BST. It smells mostly like Lemonheads candy to my nose.

I like Antesol and bought a 1 L. bottle of it back in the day when you could get aftershaves shipped from Europe to the U.S.

I bought some Myrsol samplers during the recent Maggard's sale - Blue, Balsamic and Plastic. I'm going through them using Mitchell's Wool Fat soap so as to have a neutral soap scent.

I tried Plastic today and it smelled like Children's Tylenol to me - that sweet "cherry" medicinal flavor. In fact I had a moment after dispensing it where I couldn't lift my hands to my face because my brain was locked in a thought of "Am I about to spread Children's Tylenol on my face?" I'm fairly certain I will not be finishing this sample.

Blue, on the other hand, smelled much better to me. I plan on using that tomorrow. I can see this pairing well with Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool.

I agree that Balsamic smells like herbs - I mean, the scent notes ARE rosemary and thyme - but I actually like that.

I suggest you hang in there with Plastic Shave. It’s an acquired taste for most. Initially I hated it and found it synthetic and nauseating, today it is my favorite aftershave, not only Myrsol.
The scent is subtle and the face feel is really the best together with Antesol in Myrsol’s line. I love that Myrsol products don’t have glycerin so there’s no sticky feeling

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I recently bought a bottle of the lemon and am going back and forth on whether I like it or whether it's heading to the BST. It smells mostly like Lemonheads candy to my nose.

I like Antesol and bought a 1 L. bottle of it back in the day when you could get aftershaves shipped from Europe to the U.S.
The bottle is the best aftershave package ever.

The bottle is the best aftershave package ever.

I don’t want to start any false rumor, but Gifts & Care has recently changed all the images from Myrsol aftershaves from the carved glass to a new design. Not sure if they are getting discontinued, any confirmation from a knowledgeable person would be great

I don’t want to start any false rumor, but Gifts & Care has recently changed all the images from Myrsol aftershaves from the carved glass to a new design. Not sure if they are getting discontinued, any confirmation from a knowledgeable person would be great

Hi,

It seems that this is a temporary change on the bottle design. I have read that the usual manufacturer has closed the business and now Myrsol has been forced to find another bottle producer using the iconic design. In the meantime, Myrsol uses these bottles that you have seen.

Bye!

Hi,

It seems that this is a temporary change on the bottle design. I have read that the usual manufacturer has closed the business and now Myrsol has been forced to find another bottle producer using the iconic design. In the meantime, Myrsol uses these bottles that you have seen.

Bye!

Really hoping they go back to the old bottle design! So far I haven't seen any signs of them switching back..

I tried Plastic today and it smelled like Children's Tylenol to me - that sweet "cherry" medicinal flavor. In fact I had a moment after dispensing it where I couldn't lift my hands to my face because my brain was locked in a thought of "Am I about to spread Children's Tylenol on my face?" I'm fairly certain I will not be finishing this sample.

Well, just to add an update more than a year later. I was in Chicago visiting family over Christmas, stopped in Mertz's and saw they had added the Myrsol lineup to their shelves (that place has really expanded since I had last been there). I walked out with a 180ml carved bottle of Plastic. I really did grow to like it. Then today with Maggard's 15% off sale, I purchased a bottle of Antesol. I had only planned on purchasing a starter shave set for my nephew, but yeesh - 15% off with free shipping on a bottle of Myrsol was too good to pass up.

I've done wonders on cutting down on buying soap. Now its my AS supply that's getting out of hand.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, just to add an update more than a year later. I was in Chicago visiting family over Christmas, stopped in Mertz's and saw they had added the Myrsol lineup to their shelves (that place has really expanded since I had last been there). I walked out with a 180ml carved bottle of Plastic. I really did grow to like it. Then today with Maggard's 15% off sale, I purchased a bottle of Antesol. I had only planned on purchasing a starter shave set for my nephew, but yeesh - 15% off with free shipping on a bottle of Myrsol was too good to pass up.

I've done wonders on cutting down on buying soap. Now its my AS supply that's getting out of hand.
For me, "if it ain't one thing, it's another" in the addition department!

Someone posted around here that the plastic refill bottles don't survive shipping well so US and Canadian vendors don't carry them.

Update on the update: I tried the Antesol. It's good - the dominant note for me is cloves, though.

I just ordered two from them for backups. Plastic Shave is not common in the States, and it has a great post shave feel.

Of the "flavors" I've tried so far, I'd say Plastic and Blue are my favorites. Antesol is good, but I'm still getting used to the cloves scent. Balsamic is interesting, but not a scent I think I could do everyday. F Extra is actually quite nice, but I've already got Floid in the medicine cabinet, so no need to essentially duplicate. Once I kaibosh another bottle, I really want to try the Don Miguel.

I tried a few more samples from Maggards:

Formula C: Interesting. Lillac is the dominant note for me. The scent lasted through noon, so one of the more lasting of the Myrsol scents. Not sure I'd pick up a full bottle of this, tho.

Metilsol: I quite like this one. I really smelled rosemary coming out of it. I've used most of the sample already and will probably make this my next full-bottle purchase.

Bullgoose has 25% off its Myrsol supply - seems like they're going to stop selling it. I picked up a bottle each of Blue and F+.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through my bottles of Plastic and Antisol - love that stuff. I've got a bottle of Metilsol too that I plan on using in the summer, when its drying properties will hopefully cut through the sweat.

At this rate, I now have enough Myrsol not only for my lifetime but my son's too. Hopefully he doesn't start growing a beard when he turns 18.

I just got four Myrsols last week: Blue, K (mint), Balsamic, Metisol. The keeper for me is the Metisol. It's mainly for the Alum, it really makes for a great post shave feel (with the menthol). the scent is definitely growing on me too - thyme..! The other Myrsols I find a bit underwhelming .... But I made one other new acquaintance last week, the Varon Dandy aftershave. Myrsol Metisol and Varon Dandy make for a fantastic combo I think // Metisol as astringent immediately after shaving, and Varon Dandy for more lasting fragrance and moisture, with a subtle touch of Metisol thyme base note. It's sublime! :Veg:

Top Bottom