What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Totally forgot about Lab Blues. I have some and go thru spells of use. I like them especially because there is no glue dot. Good call on the blue Mr. Fawkes
I've got a 10 blade tuck of Wizamet SIs on the way from Tryablade. Been meaning to give them a whirl to see if they are indeed similar to the Polsilver SI.

I've got a 10 blade tuck of Wizamet SIs on the way from Tryablade. Been meaning to give them a whirl to see if they are indeed similar to the Polsilver SI.

I've tried the brown Wiz and the blue ones. Tried the Polsilver too. Never took a liking to any of them. They aren't bad blades, just not as good for me as the 4 mentioned.

Arm sufficiently twisted, eh? Ha. FWIW, I think it is generally easier to trade down in gap, if you find 155 too much. Or, with the email list you can play with the 155 for 6 months, order a different gap, and sell the 155. No way for you to lose IMO.

What other razors do you have? What finish WR2 you going with?
Only the Timeless .95 SB and previously owned the Blackbird and WR2 1.15 but sold them. I regret selling the blackbird BTW. I ordered the WR2 1.55 SS on polished basic for both cap and WRH7 handle at 90mm weight

Only the Timeless .95 SB and previously owned the Blackbird and WR2 1.15 but sold them. I regret selling the blackbird BTW. I ordered the WR2 1.55 SS on polished basic for both cap and WRH7 handle at 90mm weight

You should regret selling the BB! Wait for a polished Ti and pick one up. If you like the BB blade feel, you will love the 155. Similar, but a 155 cuts much closer.

Does the 1.55 cut closer but at the same time have a smoother face feel experience throughout the shave ? Or is it the same level of smoothness as the BB?

I received my WR1 .86 DC today. Got on the waitlist July 2020 and received the last day of April. Came with the usual fancy black napkins. Looking forward to trying it out.
Imagepipe_27.jpg
Imagepipe_28.jpg

I received my WR1 .86 DC today. Got on the waitlist July 2020 and received the last day of April. Came with the usual fancy black napkins. Looking forward to trying it out. View attachment 1260316View attachment 1260317

Wow! My 0.86 WR1 OC is probably my favourite razor. For me, it's the pinnacle of smoothness, efficiency, and blade feel for a razor that I shave daily with or mows down several days of growth!

I used the WR 1 this morning. This has about two years of anticipation for me, as I've considered ordering a WR1 everytime my name comes up, but ended up ordering WR2's everytime until this Spring I decided to leave my purchase as originally specified last Summer when I confirmed the order as a WR1 DC. I threw it into a current rotation of razors using a Kai blade which today was on it's tenth use figuring it was the best way to get an immediate feel for how it compared to all my other razors. It did not disappoint. Fantastic, close shave with no irritation or issues. Wolfmans are great razors.
Imagepipe_29.jpg

So now that you have used it, how does it compare the WR2 gaps that you own? I have a WR2 1.15 and 1.25. leaning towards a WR1 when my name comes back up. And is your dual comb .86 on both sides? Thanks!
So, take this for what it's worth, I've used this brush exactly one time with a blade that is a bit peculiar from most other blades (Kai) and this on its tenth use. It's been years since I had a dual comb so using only one side of the razor for a full face pass is different. Both sides are .86 but the OC side has very short teeth and is very smooth on the face. First impression on OC/SB: I'd go with OC. I'm familiar with the feel of my face after a WR2 shave and the WR1 has that same family resemblance . Super close. No issues. First impression on comparing with my WR1: probably more blade feel, and even a lighter touch required. But that suits my preferences.

Top Bottom