What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

In keeping with my theory that Every Smoke Is Different: On Tuesday I smoked a half-bowl of Carter Hall, getting about 15 minutes out of it, in my slightly-bent, tall-bowled Colossal billiard. The CH ran hot and left a little tongue bite behind to remember it by.

Today: CH again, about the same quantity and the same length of drying (i.e., not much), in a small GBD bent apple I've had since Reagan was winding up his presidency. I packed it carefully, lit, tamped, lit again, and somehow managed a 18-minute smoke, mostly outdoors, without any bad effects -- just the feeling that I'd had a good dose of fine tobacco. Did I pack it better? Was the shape of the bowl or the bend in the GBD's stem a contributing factor? Quien sabe?

MM Dane, Vermont Freehand Forever stem, 2013 H&H Anny Kake.
IMG_2670.JPG

I've been working on revisions to the Constitution and Bylaws for our Regional Church organization; tedious work requiring a couple of pipes. I smoked a bowl of Watch City Flake #558 in a Radice Rind 1/2 bent billiard or brandy, who knows. Now WC Persian Slipper in a LePeltier clay pipe. A pleasant but cool day on the patio.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Erinmore Mixture in my new sandblasted basket pipe. My first dance with this one. And I'm not sure quite what to make of it, to be honest.

I haven't got there yet.

I have a tin of flake stashed away, and a pouch of mixture waiting in the queue. I get the impression that it's "one that must be tried", as its been around forever, and some love it and others don't. I've still got too many others to consume first though.

Have you considered that it might be just the pipe that needs bedding in?

I haven't got there yet.

I have a tin of flake stashed away, and a pouch of mixture waiting in the queue. I get the impression that it's "one that must be tried", as its been around forever, and some love it and others don't. I've still got too many others to consume first though.

Have you considered that it might be just the pipe that needs bedding in?
I sure have considered that. It wasn't bad, but very different from what I was expecting. It'll take me a little bit to figure this out.

Today, I rather appropriately packed my Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe with Missouri Meerschaum Great Dane tobacco.

20210419_081130.jpg

This is the first time I am trying the Great Dane blend, compliments of fellow badger "Whiskey" who gifted me some to try. I must say, I really like this aromatic tobacco. It lights well, burns nice and evenly and not too hot, and has a wonderful nose and taste. This is very likely a tobacco I am going to stock up on. :pipe:

Tim

Top Bottom