What's new

Do you "SPLASH-SOAK" your face?

The conventional wisdom says, you should pour a few drops of aftershave splash on your palm, then rub the palms and gently pat your face.

Yeah right.

Me? I tend to pour a tablespoon of A/S on my palms without much rubbing, then rub my wet palms against my face and neck.

Then, I repeat the procedure one more time, so the end result is the face and neck literally SOAKED in aftershave splash.

Product overuse? Guilty as charged.

No need to apply that much? Fully agree. Still do it? You bet! 😁

Am I alone in this guilty pleasure?

What say you?

Guilty! I only use aftershave that I like. Why would I only use a few drops and leave a portion of it on my hands?I guess if I shave my knuckles, I could use that routine.

I'm on the drier side. I use balms, and 100ml lasts me about 10 1/2 months of daily shaves. So about 0.3ml/shave is my preference.

The conventional wisdom says, you should pour a few drops of aftershave splash on your palm, then rub the palms and gently pat your face.

Yeah right.

Me? I tend to pour a tablespoon of A/S on my palms without much rubbing, then rub my wet palms against my face and neck.

Then, I repeat the procedure one more time, so the end result is the face and neck literally SOAKED in aftershave splash.

Product overuse? Guilty as charged.

No need to apply that much? Fully agree. Still do it? You bet! 😁

Am I alone in this guilty pleasure?

What say you?
I do exactly the same.

:laugh:i couldnt really say since i have to do everything one handed so its kinda whatever comes out when i turn bottle upside down over my palm some let loose alot others need a few shakes

^^ almost. Although I never thought of a *double* dose until I read your post. I'll have to give that a try...
The exact procedure on my end is this:

First application is a solid amount of A/S which I apply by slapping it everywhere and a little bit of rub

The second application is same amount, but as the face is already moist from the first application, the second one makes it truly WET or SOAKED if you wish. So I then go on and rub it ATG and in all possible directions, really making it enter the pores and with the "leftover" on my palms I go over my (almost bold) head and back of my neck... so when I come out of the bathroom my wife gives me THAT look 😂 😂 😂

Top Bottom