Zenith Chubby Scrubby
Modern Williams
Osage Rub
72FE5F98-FE4A-4A27-8B0C-74B3363CCE0D.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
906308BD-9873-4594-B497-57493177B145.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) USA: Shaving Cream Gillette Pure Tube.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Adidas Ice Dive Cologne.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

1ECFE692-7997-467D-AA73-DEA2E48BA454.jpeg

Pre: hot towel to the face, proraso green preshave cream

Brush: Yaqi 24mm purple haze

Soap: frankensoap Dalit sandalwood x vitos green

Razor: yaqi katana

Blade: Permasharp #1

DFS type of shave this time.

First time using the yaqi katana head and it’s definitely an enjoyable and good performer. This SE seems much easier to manoeuvre than my DE’s. Definitely is efficient too! Enjoyable shave with one tiny nick due to carelessness. Feeling smooth and refreshed.

Enjoy your day Gentlemen!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

WEDNESDAY
14 April, 2021

______

Gel: Elegance Plus "Jupiter"*
Razor: Hone Type 15
Blade: Astra green
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Vera Wang "Look"
*Once again, in a bit of a rush
I gelled instead of lathering.
Another fine shave nonetheless,
though I do miss my lather.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

Wed SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Rooney 1/3 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
A beautiful, sunny AZ day. Since it is Wednesday the razor is a Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 loaded with a fresh Wizamet blade. The Rooney did a wonderful job of making lather and the Wolfman + Wizamet did a great job in taking off the whiskers.

20210414_112803-01-01.jpeg

SOTD #104/2021
14-04-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic
Soap: Wickham Soap ~ Classic 24
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Wickham Soap ~ Classic 24 psb

Greetings,
I was in the mood for some efficiency today, so I cranked up the Progress to setting 4.5 for all three passes. Fwiw, my Progress zeroes with the (+) properly, so setting 4.5 is on the upper end of the aggression scale (if one doesn't overclock the setting :eek2:). To my surprise, however, the shave turned out to be absolutely smooth and even the blade feel was comfortable. No cuts, no irritation - just a close and absolutely effortless bbs shave.

Have some smooth shaves, Gents!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, April 14th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo .72 :thumbup: - MFG 2021, excellent designed razor, I get stellar shaves. Carefree shaving mostly.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP(black)(1)-Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with some longevity. 1st shave is usually smooooth!
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood- Nice Bayrum with mild clove scent, great soap, It is a thirsty soap, great protection & post shave.
Brush: Yaqi artic sky syn 24mm, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum + sandal wood & some clove:001_wub:+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo .72 & Gillette 7oclock SP.
DE SOTD, Wed, April 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
E4D7E557-FF7B-488F-B9CA-9D1728ACFD35.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, APRIL 14, 2021

Mitten continues to improve after the coyote attack early Monday morning. It looks like he’ll return home tomorrow, which is a relief. My bride has been rising very early for her (5:30AM) in order to travel to see her “kitten”. Believe me, he’s anything but that. But he’s a good cat, and I’m really glad it looks like he’ll recover, albeit with some scars. Anyway, back to business! The shave this morning featured two proven performers from the den, the H. Hobson 6/8 Wedge and the Gem Model 1912 safety razor.

The edge on the Hobson, sourced from Len Curcurrato [sp. ?, ‘Bouschie’] is deceptively sharp, yet also buttery smooth. Bouschie (Len) at Sharp Razor Palace is a very capable honemeister. By the way, he’s also a true gentleman and a great source of very fairly priced, restored vintage straight razors on the SRP BST. His work may not be as well known as others, but his razors deliver the goods. I’ve sent many newbies looking for a reliable, well-honed razor his way and the feedback is uniformly enthusiastic and positive.

The mug shave was a three pass delight thanks to a great lather machine, the Aluminum handled MrEE Tuxedo Synth Monster. This was the brush that changed my mind about synthetics. Two of my three LE MrEE brushes possess synthetic knots. The first arrived with a hybrid knot which is also a great performer. The flow through on the “Monster”, an homage to the Simpson Chubby 3, is just superb. My well water has always paired well with MWF, my favorite shave soap. And this morning’s lather was just the ticket!

The noggin shave with the Gem Model 1912 certainly didn’t disappoint either. I’ve always liked the Art Deco handle on this safety razor. I’ve noticed that I’m spending extra time painting on the MWF lather. This big honkin’ knot really feels good on the shave surfaces. Anyway, after the great mug shave, I loaded a fresh Pella PTSD Gem blade, and had at it. Two ATG passes followed by a third unnecessary WTG pass left your very satisfied narrator feeling refreshed, clean and porcelain smooth! The finish with my favorite Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm was the icing on the cake.

RAZOR: H. Hobson Sheffield Wedge 6/8 (Mug), Gem Model 1912 (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom