What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Still in. Had a great shave today with the Gillette Red Tip and a Minora stainless.
20210411_091759.jpg

Stardate 121101.3
Razor: P&G Gillette Super Blue
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Omega 10049 Boar
Soap: Arko Shaving Soap Stick
Balm: Duke Cannon - Ice Cold

SWS_20210411.jpg

Another great week of shaves with no serious temptations. My wish list is still full, but my shopping cart is still empty. Be well and stay safe. Crewman #13 still in...

Stardate 98876.01 and still on mission.

I really like the Karve. I understand why it has fanboys. I did an effortless and comfortable three pass DFS using the SB-A plate. No drama.

» Leaf w/Gillette Platinum “Blue” (6) - headshave only
» Karve SB-A w/Wizamet Super Ir (2) - cheeks, neck and goatee trim
» Zenith MC/BO3-A26 (aka B19)
» Black Bot CK-6
» Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel

I hope you all are having a great weekend!

I just had my first real twinge of desire since January. I’ve been in GRUMES since September. I was looking up the dimensions of the the B19 and spent 30 minutes lusting after the other boars on the page. I almost fell into the alien boar trap.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That would be the M-113 creature, aka "Salt Vampire". It's queued up. Or did you want to sic it on @Heron? He's not on the list as an official victim, oops, participant.
:oops:

View attachment 1249852

🤔 I was just trying to be helpful.

No, I guess it could just be held in reserve for the next unfortunate crewmember that goes for a PAA seasonal soap (they're so good!) ☺️

🤔 There's a good reason I quit flying in space in the 1960s, too many "fascinating" hazards.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok. That's enough. To everyone left: Take Off Those Red Shirts! :p
It is getting to be too much of a horror show. I guess if somebody leaves the sabbatical, we could just have Charlie X make them "go away," but I was hoping to save Charlie for the 2nd quarter check-in.

1618237377288.png

Charlie has got to be the most obnoxious character of the original series, also. Teenagers!

Last edited:
I always aim for a DFS. Nothing special, I just pick up the razor and get going. At the end of this morning's shave, I was surprised to feel that I got a BBS shave. A nice and unexpected surprise.
Still In.

Gillette NDC SuperSpeed
Astra SS
Proraso White
Semogue 1438

It is getting to be too much of a horror show. I guess if somebody leaves the sabbatical, we could just have Charlie X make them "go away," but I was hoping to save Charlie for the 2nd quarter check-in.

View attachment 1250325

Charlie has got to be the most obnoxious character of the original series, also. Teenagers!

Hi,

I kinda didn't like the Friendly Angel more so than Charlie....I think.... :p

Aw, heck. Just toss em both into the Beserker! :)

Stan

Still in.

Kamisori shave #11
Feather Professional blade #1

2 Pass + touch up BBS

Got some cut and weepers today, learned a few things about the reduction of pressure with the use of sharper blades.

Aftershave provided a lovely (bloody painful) feedback, and reminded me why I couldn't finish this bottle in last 8 years.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better shave.

IMG_20210412_210103.jpg

Still in.
Razor: Karve SB-D for pass 1&2 SB-B for pass 3
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Timeless
Soap & A/S:Stirling Dunshire
Been a few days since my last shave, the D plate was fantastic for the first two passes, and the B plate was great at batting cleanup!
Have a great day y’all!
25CB9420-2E2D-4DDA-86AC-4F9F3832D7B6.jpeg

Top Bottom