What's new

Attention Lamy guys!

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
For all you Lamy fans, I saw that Cult Pens in the UK is currently running a 10% off sale on Lamy products. That's on top of their already lower-than-American Lamy prices. Plus, they have a 10% discount code for US customers - and IT STACKS! So we're talking 20% off European regional priced Lamy stuff and free shipping to the US on orders over 100 pounds (the money, not the weight ;); sorry I don't have the "L" thingy on my keyboard). That equates to about $140ish shipped for a Lamy 2000 from an authorized dealer (i.e. not sketchy gray market vendor). Don't know how long the discounts are going to last. That is all.

That is one heck of a deal on a Lamy 2k. That is super tempting, even though I am am not certain I could get used to the feel of the Lamy 2k in my hand.

tankerjohn

Well, the deal was too good to pass up for an iconic pen like a Lamy 2k, and I now have one on it's way from the UK.
:clap: Well, do let us know how you like it. I'm kind of on the fence myself. The Bauhaus styling is definitely not my jam. And I think I still hate the hooded nib, though my dislike has softened somewhat recently. I can appreciate the advantage of the hooded nib in the workplace where a big, blingy nib would be rather ostentatious. But I keep hearing how the Lamy 2000 writing experience is so exceptional, and I think I could dig a stubby German broad nib.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I was finally cleaning a bunch of pens and when I got around to
My 2k I forgot how to use it. I actually had to watch a YouTube video on the filling system to flush it. The design is amazing but you basically can’t tell the back part unscrews until you twist the end. The manufacturing is that on.

tankerjohn

I was finally cleaning a bunch of pens and when I got around to
My 2k I forgot how to use it. I actually had to watch a YouTube video on the filling system to flush it. The design is amazing but you basically can’t tell the back part unscrews until you twist the end. The manufacturing is that on.
LOL! Its a very sleek design for sure. So how is it to clean? Pelikan piston fillers are easy because you just unscrew the nib and have at it with a bulb syringe. But the 2K nib isn't easily removable, right? Do you have to fill and unfill with water until it runs clear? Sounds very laborious.

LOL! Its a very sleek design for sure. So how is it to clean? Pelikan piston fillers are easy because you just unscrew the nib and have at it with a bulb syringe. But the 2K nib isn't easily removable, right? Do you have to fill and unfill with water until it runs clear? Sounds very laborious.
it's pretty easy. the front of the pen unscrews from the body of the pen. It comes apart where the little metal "ears" are that hold the cap in place. The one thing you have to be careful of, is to not loose the little "ears". once you have the section removed from the body of the pen, you gently push the nib into the section. then the nib, feed and collector will come out the back of the section. you can then remove the nib from the feed and give everything a good wash. I know that you are supposed to be able to remove the blind cap from the body of the pen, so that the piston assembly can be removed. I've never removed the piston assembly, as you can clean it or add lubrication to it from the front.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
it's pretty easy. the front of the pen unscrews from the body of the pen. It comes apart where the little metal "ears" are that hold the cap in place. The one thing you have to be careful of, is to not loose the little "ears". once you have the section removed from the body of the pen, you gently push the nib into the section. then the nib, feed and collector will come out the back of the section. you can then remove the nib from the feed and give everything a good wash. I know that you are supposed to be able to remove the blind cap from the body of the pen, so that the piston assembly can be removed. I've never removed the piston assembly, as you can clean it or add lubrication to it from the front.
This is all way above my pay grade. Seems straight forward but I would mess that up most certainly lose the ears. I just flushed the pen with the piston. Fortunately the last time I used the pen I must have cleaned it out so once I figured out the piston operation that’s all I did with water abs then a flush fluid that came out clear making me think I’m ok.

:clap: Well, do let us know how you like it. I'm kind of on the fence myself. The Bauhaus styling is definitely not my jam. And I think I still hate the hooded nib, though my dislike has softened somewhat recently. I can appreciate the advantage of the hooded nib in the workplace where a big, blingy nib would be rather ostentatious. But I keep hearing how the Lamy 2000 writing experience is so exceptional, and I think I could dig a stubby German broad nib.
Funny enough, I actually ordered mine in Broad. I really like the looks of the pens, hooded nib and all. The one time I picked up a Lamy 2k, the little ears that stick out were in a place I grip, and it seemed like it could be annoying. Guess now I'll get to find out with real world writing with one for a while.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I assumed the little ears just held the cap on tight. I don’t notice them while holding the pen.

tankerjohn

Funny enough, I actually ordered mine in Broad. I really like the looks of the pens, hooded nib and all. The one time I picked up a Lamy 2k, the little ears that stick out were in a place I grip, and it seemed like it could be annoying. Guess now I'll get to find out with real world writing with one for a while.
Excellent! I look forward to your report. I already made my pen splurge for the year, so I guess I'm not on the fence anymore, and this new Pilot is going to keep me quite engaged for the foreseeable future. But who knows, maybe there's still a Lamy in my future.

Cult pens have a 10% and 15% sale on orders over £40.00 and £75.00. They also gave certain Lamy products at half price before the promo code.

BIRTHDAY10
BIRTHDAY15

Expires 28 May

tankerjohn

Cult pens have a 10% and 15% sale on orders over £40.00 and £75.00. They also gave certain Lamy products at half price before the promo code.

BIRTHDAY10
BIRTHDAY15

Expires 28 May
Sweet! Thanks for that update. I wonder if they still have the stackable US discount? Gonna need to scoot back over the Cultpens site.

Top Bottom