What's new

‘Desert Island’ scent

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My all time favourite scents are those of my all time favourite soaps. Currently, as below:

La Toja
Ach. Brito Musgo
Ach. Brito Mogno
Haslinger Ringelblumen
Haslinger Honig

My all time favourite scents are those of my all time favourite soaps. Currently, as below:

La Toja
Ach. Brito Musgo
Ach. Brito Mogno
Haslinger Ringelblumen
Haslinger Honig
Now that's a surprise! 😱

I mean an Italian guy, the B&B Ambassador in Italy doesn't have an Italian soap/fragrance among his Top 5. WOW.

How comes Mr. @Marco?

As for myself, I'm not sure I could pick up a single scent, but I'm pretty darn positive my list would include SV Desert Vetiver and Opuntia 😊

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Now that's a surprise! 😱

I mean an Italian guy, the B&B Ambassador in Italy doesn't have an Italian soap/fragrance among his Top 5. WOW.

How comes Mr. @Marco?

As for myself, I'm not sure I could pick up a single scent, but I'm pretty darn positive my list would include SV Desert Vetiver and Opuntia 😊

Sir, I was a tester of the Beta 4.3 before it was released to the public and got an Opuntia as soon as it was launched on the market.
A few months ago a friend also gifted me with a tin of Desert Vetiver.
These are all excellent quality soaps, no question. But I am not all that enthusiastic about their complex scents. And, honestly speaking, I really do not think Saponificio Varesino performs any better than the superb soaps mentioned above, which all cost a fraction of the price. As always, IMHO.

Sir, I was a tester of the Beta 4.3 before it was released to the public and got an Opuntia as soon as it was launched on the market.
A few months ago a friend also gifted me with a tin of Desert Vetiver.
These are all excellent quality soaps, no question. But I am not all that enthusiastic about their complex scents. And, honestly speaking, I really do not think Saponificio Varesino performs any better than the superb soaps mentioned above, which all cost a fraction of the price. As always, IMHO.
My comment was more about surprise that you don't list any Italian brands for you, rather than SV in particular.

But then, to each his own 😊 YMMV

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Is there a place on this island to buy blades? I mean, who travels with 800 double edge blades? You need blades. If there's a place that sells blades, they might sell some soaps and creams as well. For that matter, they may have a phone I could use to get someone to rescue me, or who could bring me more blades and soap.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My comment was more about surprise that you don't list any Italian brands for you, rather than SV in particular.

But then, to each his own 😊 YMMV

Sir, the question is I am now ONLY using hard soaps with vegetable base and placed in a reasonable price-point. Sadly, there are not any great Italian names that meet these criteria (we are famous for soft soaps).

One hard soap I'd like to try is Pre de Provence 63. Sadly, it is reserved for the US market and shipping plus Custom taxes would make it cost for me even more than SV...

Sir, the question is I am now ONLY using hard soaps with vegetable base and placed in a reasonable price-point. Sadly, there are not any great Italian names that meet these criteria (we are famous for soft soaps).

One hard soap I'd like to try is Pre de Provence 63. Sadly, it is reserved for the US market and shipping plus Custom taxes would make it cost for me even more than SV...

You, sir, have my admiration and gratitude. To believe the artisans, soap is something like a computer, where every year, they put faster processor and it becomes faster. Yet, since shaving soap is quite old, i find it hard to believe that firms that have been in the business for decades or more, in all this time, couldn't arrive to a formula that was close to perfection mechanically speaking and only artisans did so in a few years. That you pay more for fragrances or...moisturizers and story, this i can believe!

Marco,

May I ask the reason for this specific decision? The hard x soft and vegetable x tallow, I mean.

Thank you!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco,

May I ask the reason for this specific decision? The hard x soft and vegetable x tallow, I mean.

Thank you!

Sir,

I used soft tallow soaps for many, many years and they are great, no doubt. I just got tired of them.

Hard soaps are a relatively new discovery for me and I absolutely love both their performance and durability.

Why tallow free? The latest vegetable soaps are just magnificent in terms of latherability, slickness, cushion and post shave. I simply enjoy them more.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
My Desert Island scent wouldn’t be seasonal. It would be clean and simple and enjoyable year round. The answer is simple for me: MdC Original. Not everyone loves it but I do. It’s my favorite MdC scent and actually be if my favorite soap scents ever. Doesn’t hurt that my skin enjoys MdC as well.

Sir,

I used soft tallow soaps for many, many years and they are great, no doubt. I just got tired of them.

Hard soaps are a relatively new discovery for me and I absolutely love both their performance and durability.

Why tallow free? The latest vegetable soaps are just magnificent in terms of latherability, slickness, cushion and post shave. I simply enjoy them more.

Thank you, Marco!

Top Bottom