What's new

Post shave products for sensitive skin with allergies, help!

Hey guys, I'm newer to wet shaving and am struggling to find the right products for me. I am using the Proraso white sensitive skin shaving soap and this seems to be my go to, I have had the best success with this product so far. As much as I love the soap, their aftershave balm uses Almond Oil as one of the main ingredients and I am allergic.

Can anyone recommend a good after shave balm/lotion etc. that does not have almond or tree nut oils? I am prone to sensitive and dry skin so I'm currently using a Neutrogena mild moisturizer but am hoping to find something a bit more soothing to post-shave irritation.

I’m also allergic to tree nuts / almonds.

I currently use aftershave balms from the following companies and have had no reactions to them: Barrister and Mann, Murphy and McNeil and PAA Star Jelly (it’s not the same consistency of a normal balm, it’s kind of a mix between a balm with menthol and an alcohol splash). For an unscented balm, I enjoy Barrister and Mann’s, it feels great and is super hydrating with hyaluronic acid.

Most of Stirling’s products have almond oil in them so I usually only use their splashes.

Soaps from SV, Moon Soaps, First Line Shave and PAA’s pre-shave Cube (don’t think any of their other products have almond oil) all contain almond oil so I avoid them and their aftershave products. I’m probably forgetting some others.

I have used Zingari Man as it’s supposed to be designed for sensitive skin and doesn’t show almond oil in the ingredients but I had bad reactions to a soap sample, balm and recovery splash.

WELCOME to B&B, Sir esqking!

proxy.php

I've never found a lotion or balm that didn't irritate my face. The one thing that has worked for me is hyaluronic acid. Problem solved. It's non-greasy and leaves my skin feeling moisturized even during cold NY winters. There's loads of HA products; I use this one because it was at my local Target for $15. It lasts about 6 months. Good stuff.

proxy.php

I ended up ordering a few things to try after some lengthy google searching. Tabac has a gentle line that appears to be free of my allergens, so I will post my thoughts as soon as it arrives.

Hey guys, I'm newer to wet shaving and am struggling to find the right products for me. I am using the Proraso white sensitive skin shaving soap and this seems to be my go to, I have had the best success with this product so far. As much as I love the soap, their aftershave balm uses Almond Oil as one of the main ingredients and I am allergic.

Can anyone recommend a good after shave balm/lotion etc. that does not have almond or tree nut oils? I am prone to sensitive and dry skin so I'm currently using a Neutrogena mild moisturizer but am hoping to find something a bit more soothing to post-shave irritation.
Definitely worth trying, in my opinion:
Nivea ASB.jpg

Top Bottom