What's new

Slickest soaps out there

For me the slickest soaps are
MDC
SV
MWF

Can’t fault them although MDC for me does lack a little in terms of residual slickness
Wholly Kaw-Sierro. Proraso Professional 275ml pouch Wood&Spice Declaration Grooming-Darkfall new Milksteak formula.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

You can never go wrong with the best soap in every category.. Williams.
Williams is not cushioned and has poor glide.Its a very basic Soap....old shool.It works but these days there are better soaps out there and they cost much more.If you like that type of soap only better try Pre De Provence its French style and has everything Williams lacks only better.

Looks like from the past 2 months in the artisan soap world, that the slickest soaps are from the newest bases from:

-Declaration Grooming (Milksteak)
-Murphy & McNeil (Kodiak)
-Wholly Kaw (Siero)
-Zingari Man (Sego)
-Arianna & Evans (Strained Yogurt)
-Grooming Department (Nai)

I'm sure there are others out there I'm forgetting from B&M, Shannon's, SS, etc.....
Thats a great list of shaving soapes.......Shave Pastor you know your stuff.Its funny how many shavers like Williams and Arko and say they slick ...YMMV.

To be sure, I got the Bare Siero not to mess with Sri's scents, none of them was pleasant for me.

The soap smells like dry cat food once opened but if you air it a while it disappears.

Excellent package, hefty jar with great lid and stickers. Professional job from skincare magician master Sri.
What a soap you are spot on....I use it with a strong aftershave or cologne and its super.Great slip and cushion!

MdC for sure.

I also have a couple of Uncle Jons soaps that are pretty darn slick, though they are pretty schizophrenic as far as how much water they want and when.

I'm sorry to say this but Williams might work ok as a shave soap but it isn't very slick compared to almost any artisan shave soap.

We'll, like everything shaving YMMV.
I've used Williams since my teens and still have it in rotation with other fine soaps.
Its one of the slickest I have.
No mystery to it just whips up slick, soft lather that moisturizes as I shave and for me I like the fresh clean scent.
Everyone's beard & skin is different so my experience with Williams may not work for others.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Update :
Southern Witchcrafts
Declaration Icarus/Milksteak
Stirling
B&M Excelsior
Ariana Kaizen
PAA CK-6

I could just use these and nothing else. US artisan are winners for me.

Yep another one for MdC. Skin food is lacking, and it's post-shave is drying for my skin, but the slickness and ease of lather is superb.

Top Bottom